Protect yourself online
acluch's profile

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

Sunday, November 22nd, 2015 4:20 PM

AT&T's McAfee Security Suite & Windows 10

1st off please do not answer this question with the answer to use another anti-virus program, because that is not answering my question.

My question is this. When is AT&T going to make the security suite windows 10 compatible? If you get it right from McAfee, it is compatible. But you can not download it from AT&T if you have windows 10. I have spoke to AT&T about this before & all I get is the same answers from them, that on their end it has not been synced in their computers yet. It has been 4 months almost, when are you going to fix this AT&T?

I have Avast right now, but I would prefer to have the McAfee security suite, I liked it better, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I had it on my computer when it was windows 7. But during the installation of windows 10 my computer had to be reset, so I had lost the security suite & had to download it again. After 4 months of trying to download it, I still can not. I either get the constant looping back to login page or I get the page saying that I don't meet the system requirements for the operating system, that I need at least XP or higher. Well I have higher. I have 10.

AT&T you are aware of this, but when are you going to fix this issue? McAfee already has on their end, but you have not.

From McAfee's website for system requirements: 

• Microsoft Windows 10**, 8.1, 8, and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • Mac OS X 10.8 or later
  • Google Android smartphones and tablets 4.0 or higher
  • Apple iOS 8 or later
  • **Windows Enterprise not supported

From AT&T's system requirements:

• Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit)
  • Windows Vista SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
  • Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
  • Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)

So as you see it is not a McAfee issue, it is an AT&T issue.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @acluch,

I won't tell you to get a new virus program, I will tell you to use the one that is already there.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/security-privacy

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

That still is not an answer to my question. My question is, when is AT&T going to fix this issue with their security suite? Only AT&T can answer that question & they are taking their sweet time.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

This is a member to member forum. I am sorry that you do not like my solution. You are just going to half to wait for it to be released.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

Yes I realize that this is a member to member forum, but there is also AT&T employees that read & respond to some issues. I also have talked to them on chat & phone about this very issue & always get the same response for 4 months.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

ATT only provides a user licence for McAffee. ONLY McAffee does any support or development of their product.

You need to address your questions about their product to them, not ATT, or indirectly, to us.

If you read thru their user support forums, you will see the topic of win 10 upgrades discussed, and workarounds to address it.

That IS the answer to your question. You can accept it or not, but it does not alter the fact that no one here can help you, as we have nothing to do with McAffee.

As I said, other than, ATT provices a couratsy licence, and a link to download it.

Anything further, is best addressed to the att care team. Perhaps they can give you an answer you would be happier with.

Pick one of there care team links (any will work) and send a message with your name, account, phone, contact email, best time to connect with you, and a message with your needs. Give them a couple days or so to get back with you, and I hope they can help.

U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Cellular Problems, ATTMobilityCare.
Billing/other problems ATTCustomerCare
Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.

Good luck

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

Actually AT&T says it is on their end. I have spoke to AT&T about this before in chat & on the phone & all I get is the same answers from them, that on their end it has not been synced in their computers yet. That it is being worked on. McAfee security suite is windows 10 compatible, but AT&T security suite (powered by McAffe) is not windows 10 compatible. All I am trying to do is find out when they are going to fix the problem, as it has been 4 months now. I am not the only one asking this same question. I see other posts about the same issue.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

Almost 7 months & AT&T still has no answer to this issue. All I get from AT&T is that it still is not synced on their side. It sure would be nice to know when this is going to get fixed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I just installed McAfee on Windows 10, not with any help from AT&T, and I'm just a frustrated customer. The website is totally user unfriendly. Try this:

1. Go to www.att.net/iss (do not click "download now" yet)

2. Log in AT THE TOP log in button (search bar) first

3. Then click download

4. Log in again at the screen that comes up

5. Follow further instructions to install

Worked for me (FINALLY). Hope this helps.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for actually trying to help, but I still can not get it to work. I just keep getting the looping back to the login page after logging in when clicking download. The one time I got past that page, I just got the error page saying "We're sorry, the AT&T sevice you are attempting to access is not available using the login information you provided." which is nonsense because I had it before on the same account, same login info.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

When u get the requirement screen refresh the browser it should come up it worked for me good luck 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.