Explore & discover

Helpful Links

We want to add an additional outdoor camera. Are there any specials available?

Highlighted
Tutor

We want to add an additional outdoor camera. Are there any specials available?

I called ATT Digial Life today and asked for a quote for one an additional outdoor camera.  We have a 2 year contract with one year remaining.  The quote to add one camera was $199.00 which is outragious! The customer service person, said that if I wanted to add another camera, I should of requested this one the day of installation!!  

Message 1 of 16
Employee

Re: We want to add an additional outdoor camera. Are there any specials available?

Once installed new devices will have to be purchased and an install fee is charged as well

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 16
Tutor

Re: We want to add an additional outdoor camera. Are there any specials available?

What are the fee's? Installing fee, camera fee and monthly monitoring.
Thank you.
Message 3 of 16
Employee

its usually a 99.00 dollat install fee, if you already have the camera package the monthly fee will not increase. You can have up to 8 cameras for the same monthly reoccuring charge

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 16
Tutor

Thank you, so if I've read every thing correctly,
$199. Per camera
$99. To install
Wow that's crazy, and we don't own the equipment, that's a rental fee???
Message 5 of 16
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Honeybee
‎10-13-2016 11:42 PM

@Honeybee - You own the equipment, there is no rental for this equipment. Each camera does cost $199 and as you are already installed the $99 is a truck roll fee. I've had this a few times as I bought an extra 2 cameras, touchscreen door lock and sensors. They sometimes have deals where these fees are waived. I'd call and ask whether they can help on the truck roll fee. Good luck and keep enjoying this awesome system!!!

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 16
Teacher

What if I place the order for the additional camera before my service has been installed? Will I still have additional fees? And will I have to also add the camera package since I ordered the middle package that includes one outdoor camera already?

Message 7 of 16
Community Support

@CheleLeigh With the camera package you can up to 8 cameras. You can contact Customer Support and they can add the additional outdoor camera. It would be an a la cart item, so you would be charged for the camera.

Message 8 of 16
Teacher

What if I already placed an order that included 1 camera, do I have to order the other package as well as the one I already have?
Message 9 of 16
Teacher

I have 3 of the outdoor "AT&T" 720p cameras that I want to sell since I'm cancelling my service.  They are in perfect working condition.  Let me know if you're interested.  $100 each.

Message 10 of 16
Teacher

Why are you cancelling your service @Jamers2015 is there some kind of problem that I need to know before I have digital life installed?

Message 11 of 16
Teacher

No problems really.  I've had it for 2 years but it doesn't quite meet my expectation in the video surveilance department.  I really want 1080p cameras.   While AT&T's outdoor camera is technically high definition, it is 720p.  Also, I want much more online storage than AT&T is providing currently.  

I may keep the monitoring part of the service and just lose the camera piece and run a camera system separately.  

Message 12 of 16
Teacher

So I can have other outdoor cameras and not use the ones that they have

Message 13 of 16
Community Support

@CheleLeigh Yes, you can use your own stand alone cameras. However, you will not be able to link them to your Digital Life account.

Message 14 of 16
Teacher

However you can use the same AT&T Digital Life outdoor cameras with others systems.  Hence the reason why I'm offering my 3 up for sale. 

Message 15 of 16
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support