Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Smoke alarm

Highlighted
Employee

Smoke alarm

I am moving my services to a new address. They said they don’t have any smoke sensors. If there are smoke sensors in my new home can they use those and still be monitored by DL? 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 4
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDigitalLifeCS
‎08-13-2018 7:16 AM

Re: Smoke alarm

@Sqksgrl  Hello. In your new home, is it a Digital Life smoke sensor? If not, it will not work with the system as the devices need to be able to " pair " with the system. If it is a Digital Life smoke sensor in the new home, we can get that paired to your system.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Employee

Thank you! Can I take my DL smoke alarm from my current home? When I remove it from my ceiling will there only be screw holes to fill it is something actually stuck to the ceiling?
Message 3 of 4
Community Support

@Sqksgrl  Most definitely you can bring your current Digital Life smoke detector with you to your new home. I would encourage it. As for screw holes, it all depends how it was mounted... should be just screw holes though.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support