Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Security keypad reads that it's on battery backup?

Contributor

Security keypad reads that it's on battery backup?

Lost power last night. Power came back on within minutes but my security panel reads:"system running on battery backup"Please let me know how to get my alarm system back on line.

What can be done to correct this problem?

Message 1 of 4
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by james100
‎07-21-2016 11:23 AM

Re: Security keypad reads that it's on battery backup?

Hello @james100

It appears your DLC (big white controller box) has lost AC power. If power has not be lost to your entire home, you should check the outlet that powers your DLC. Ensure the outlet has power and plug into another outlet if needed or ensure the breaker has not flipped.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Once power has been restored, how do you get the display to stop showing, "System Operating Battery Backup"?  Is there a clear button somewhere?

Message 3 of 4
Community Support

Hi @JiminVA

The message should clear on its own if the power has been restored.  You may want to check the outlet where the controller is plugged.  Unplug your controller and plug in a different electrical device to ensure power is reaching that outlet.  If it is, plug your controller back in and the message should clear.  

If you need assistance, lease click here to chat with one of our support agents and we will gladly troubleshoot with you. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support