Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Outdoor security camera too dark at night

Tutor

Outdoor security camera too dark at night

Hello,

My DigitalLife was updated by AT&T  I could tell I saw it on the keypad says software update.   And ever since my outdoor camera wearing totally pitch black At night. Works great during the day but not at night.  It used to work great 12 software upgrade not sure with the death if they lower the power to the IR led. Also can I use a 3rd party other camera. No one from AT&T will help out I’m really disappointed in this company

Message 1 of 22
Tutor

Re: Outdoor security camera too dark at night

Hi, i even had my cam changed by att tech but pitch darkness still not fixed at night. I think it's a software issue rather than hardware issue. One of the software update caused this issue and now att can't fix it. Disappointing.
Message 16 of 22
Community Support

@tatamd @Jagajak @directv_123   Hello. I was able to locate your Digital Life accounts based off of the email address you used for the forums. Would you please check your cameras again this evening to see if they are better? I had one of our technical folks make some configuration changes on the back end. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 17 of 22
ACE - Guru

A few of my cameras are still in night mode (I live in CA), and they do seem pretty bright right now with the sun half way up.

Looking forward to trying again tonight to confirm.

Thank you SO MUCH @ATTDigitalLifeCS - you’re the shining star of ATT!!!!!!!   🙂

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 22
Community Support

@directv_123  Aww thank you for that! Much appreciated! Have a great weekend!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 22
ACE - Guru

Sadly, I don’t see any noticeable difference in the behavior of my outdoor cameras this evening.

Anything else we can try?  Thanks @ATTDigitalLifeCS 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 22
Community Support

@directv_123  Hello. Im sorry to hear that. Would you be able to send me an example video from one of the cameras? Need one from day and one from night both from same camera. Should be able to private message them to me. Thank you

Message 21 of 22
Tutor

@tamtad I did and I’m told by the technician this is normal. 

Message 22 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Get a $10 AT&T Visa® Reward Card* - Learn How
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support