Explore & discover

Helpful Links

OUTDOOR CAM IS DARK

Contributor

OUTDOOR CAM IS DARK

Hi

Has anyone managed to get their digital life outdoor cams to record better? i checked my recordings for the first time the other day and they are all pretty useless. so dark you cant make out anything. i read other posts and people are saying there was an update that caused the issues. Was this ever resolved? Normally night vision cameras are pretty good. very disappointed at the moment. i called ATT and they suggested putting lights above the cameras!!!! WT!! whats the point of night vision if i need to put lights up. my house would look like a prison block if i had lights on all night

Message 1 of 4
Community Support

Re: OUTDOOR CAM IS DARK

@Lee.strauch  Hello. Would you be able to send me a screen shot of what you are seeing? Click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a private message with your account number or address and screen shot please so that we can look at it on the back end. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Guru

I don’t think this is uncommon...

My outdoor cameras have also gone ‘darker’, as if the infrared sensors have deteriorated.

The videos are useless except for insects that flight right up to the cameras, and lan on the camera directly.  :-)

Are there any new cameras, or can the existing ones be replaced with new stock?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Community Support

@directv_123  Hello. If a camera is not performing as it should, we can send out a technician and do a warranty swap on the camera.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support