Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No show for scheduled appointment

No show for scheduled appointment

I was contacted by ATT digital life on 9/7/18 with reports that smoke detector has gone offline and when I get home to call to troubleshoot it. I called and the troubleshoot was ineffective so the technician set up an appointment for the following for a technician to come out for repair. The technician came (2 hours after window of the scheduled time but the supervisor contacted me with a courtesy call and notified me of the delay in time). When the technician came the smoke detector had went back online prior to his visit so he could not find an issues. He attempted to reset the main modem to see if that would correct any issues. He stated that if it occurred again, he would recommend replacing the equipment.  The smoke detector went offline again a few hours later during the middle of the night which is very dangerous. I called the next morning on 9/21/18 to notify someone that the issue has not resolved. He immediately apologized, asked my availability, and scheduled me for TODAY 9/29/18 for equipment replacement between 8am-12pm. NO ONE showed up. I called and speak a technician to with Caribbean accent that informs me that I did not have anything scheduled today. I informed her to please review my account and she could see notes from the previous phone call on last Saturday (9/22/18). She then tells me the last time I called was on the 15th. I explained to her that was incorrect and she need look again. She then says she only sees where someone was out on the 21th and we need to troubleshoot again. I explained to that needed to review the notes from the technician visits on the 21st and read the recommendations. She then tells me that she now sees the call on the 9/22/18 but I do not have an appointment scheduled for today. She ignored my responses and REPEATEDLY STATED THAT "YOU DO NOT HAVE AN APPT TODAY." NO APOLOGY, NO ASKING TO RESCHEDULE OR ATTEMPT TO RESOLVE THE SITUATION. I asked to speak to the manager as she did not attempt to resolve the issue. She acknowledged and placed me hold. Fast forward 5 minutes she gets back on the phone and tells me that the supervisor is on a the phone helping another customer and has scheduled me for October 1st between 8am-12pm. I informed her if would have been appropriate customers service to ask me my availability before scheduling me as I work M-F from 8am-5pm. She then what is your phone number so that the supervisor can call you back to schedule you. I gave her my number and proceeded to explain to my distrust that a supervisor would return my call and that she could ask me my availability to schedule the appointment. She then said ma'am what is your availability I gave her Saturday after 1pm. She said a supervisor will call you to schedule. I asked her why can she not schedule the appointment? She stated she could not and the system would not allow her to as well? I said wow really? You just scheduled me for Monday but you cannot schedule me for Saturday? She stated the supervisor will do that when she calls. I explained to her that is imperative that she schedules the appointment or I can disconnect the services due to her lack of customer service skills and lack of courtesy towards a customer. She then stated ma'am you are now scheduled for Saturday 10/6/18 and here is your appt number. NO APOLOGY, NO EFFORT TO RESOLVE, AND NO COURTESY TO MYSELF AS A CUSTOMER FOR OVER 2 YEARS. I still requested a call from the supervisor regarding her actions but I am very that the call will occur at infinity. I am VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM THIS LAST CALL  and also that my smoke detector continues to go offline primarily in the middle of the night putting myself and my child at high risk if a fire occurs. Hopefully I will be contact by a supervisor. 

Message 1 of 10
Community Support

Re: No show for scheduled appointment

Hello @Pvillewoman - I am very sorry to hear about the missed appointment and your trouble on the phone.  Please right click my user name and send me a private message with your account number, name, and address so I can look into this issue for you.  Thanks.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 10

I do not see your user name to respond to with the requested info. Can you send me a private email through this system 

Message 3 of 10
Community Support

@Pvillewoman  Hello. I received your message and responded to you this morning. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 10
Teacher

This has happened to me as well.  AT&T service technicians are either one of the following and/or all of the following; unreliable, overworked, understaffed. Take your pick.  Either way at the end of the day it makes for a poor customer service experience and AT&T needs to do a better job managing customer expectations for the level of dollars they charge for their Digital Life Service.  I have an appointment this Friday for my 'No Show'   Lets see how it goes.. I will keep the forum up to date...   Maybe some issues will get resolved... Fingers crossed... otherwise I will be cancelling my service as this poor level of service is below my expectations and does not match the monthly charges we all dish out for a high end security.

This is the entire reason this forum exists because AT&T has no mechanism in place for people to get resolution to peoples problems!

Message 5 of 10

On Friday a service technician came out. He was very knowledgeable and pleasant but my issue has NOT been resolved. I was previously told the smoke detector would would be replaced. When Samuel arrived he was unaware of that and stated ATT no longer replaces the smoke detector but are phasing them out and he did not have any. The purpose for him coming out was to replace the smoke detector that keeps going offline. I informed him of which detector was causing the issue but he informed me that it was another that was being monitored. Now I have NEW ALERT of a DIFFERENT smoke detector that is continuously going offline.

Message 6 of 10
Teacher

I had the same problem (one of my 3 monitored smoke detectors went out).  Have called several times--vague responses about being on back order, no longer supported, etc.

It appears to me that AT&T is no longer committed to Digital Life.  It is my understanding that they are trying to sell it...

Message 7 of 10
Teacher

Be sure to request a credit to your account for the months your devices were inoperable.  AT&T will issue you a credit for their lack of response and ability to fix their home automation devices.

I am on my 4th service technician and still my cameras do not provide live stream video and one of the 3 cameras I have does not record video at all.  The service technician is a young nice guy but obviously was in it for a paycheck and did not care.  His attentiveness to the issues was poor.  It was this past Friday and I guess he wanted to get home to do other things.  Funny he was showing me his Nest account and bragging to me about how well his Nest system performed and that it was superior to Digital Life..  Sounds like I will investigate a Nest system... High front end expenses for the cameras but at least it worked well...   Good luck folks... This company is going to end up getting sold off or run into the ground if it continues operating like it does..  

Message 8 of 10
Teacher

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have already been requesting credits, but it's still a pain to deal with their customer service support (appears that it has now been offshored to the Carribean).

Also, you know it's bad when their own representatives are pushing a competitor's services.  This is disappointing because the service really started out with a lot of promise.

From what I understand, the AT&T retail stores have removed the AT&T Digital Life offerings.  It's probably just a matter of time before they pass the accounts off to another security service provider.

Message 9 of 10
Teacher

The customer support staff will only take you so far.  Their knowledge is limited and they are only able to perform 'system tests' and if they can see your system on their own network mainframe operating, well then it must be working.  I'm starting to figure this out and AT&T is simply unable to adequately staff up with enough properly trained service technicians to handle customer issues.   They thought they could 'solve issues' with the 'solution center' in the app or online but the fact is that the solution center will only take you so far and resolve basic issues.  After that you will ultimately end up having to call in and speak to a customer support person to you guessed it 'schedule a service technician' to come out.  I'm on my 5th scheduled appointment.  I need to carefully review the nonperformance clause on the contract..  

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Available Now: A limited-edition wireless charger, inspired by the hit HBO series Game of Thrones™!
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support