Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Night Vision Exterior cameras

Tutor

Night Vision Exterior cameras

My exterior security cameras work fine during the daylight hours.

The camera pictures are totally dark during the night time hours.

Why doesn't AT&T security system have night vision exterior security cameras? Go on line, and plenty of systems are available for the home that have night vision cameras.....should be standard security camera for AT&T.

Message 1 of 10
Community Support

Re: Night Vision Exterior cameras

@Howryaa I am sorry to hear you are having trouble viewing your cameras at night. Our cameras do have infrared (IR) for night or low-light illumination. You can contact our Customer Care Department and they can assist with troubleshooting or they can schedule a tech to come out and take a look at your camera if you like.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 10
ACE - Guru

They’re good for about 15 feet in the dark...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 10
Tutor

Just got off the phone with your customer support. I was told, "the only thing we can do is put a light next to the exterior camera, to illuminate the area, so that the camera will pick up objects during the night."
Built in infra red for night time????????? They couldn't help me with that subject at all.
Why not just get exterior security cameras with night vision?????

Charlie
Staten island, NY 

Message 4 of 10
ACE - Guru

The person you spoke to isn’t very informed.

The Outdoor (and indoor) cameras are all infrared equipped.

I have 7 of them, al the different models...

They’re good for about 15-20 feet.

You can see the IR emitters when you look at them.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 10
Tutor

I am SOOOOO glad that all of your cameras work. The problem is that MINE DON'T!
Additionally, you state that the person I spoke to is "ill informed." That person is an AT&T Digital Life phone rep. It would have been nice to advise me who I could talk to who is INFORMED.
Very frustrated!

Charlie [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 6 of 10
ACE - Guru

Okay then...

I would suggest a good waterproof duct tape to attach your flashlights to your cameras.  :-)

Seriously dude, look at the specs for your cameras.. you’re having a panic attack over nothing.

All of the ATT cameras are infrared equipped.

Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Tutor

I am having the same issue with the exterior camera. Can't see anything at night. Tech came and replaced the camera. Same result. Need better camera with better sensor.

Message 8 of 10
Tutor

I was told the same solution by the tech rep. Put light next to the outside camera. So stupid. extremely poor customer service. Video is extremely black at night at outside camera. Sofar no fix by att. It has been 1 year. Before that there was no problem. I have $20 wyze cam with excellent night vision. What's going on with att? They will loose business.

Message 9 of 10
Community Support

@tatamd  Hello. My apologies for the issue. If you would please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a message with your name, address, contact info and account number so that I can have this looked into by one of our technical folks. Thank you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support