Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Motion Sensor delay in intrusion alarm logging and running programs

Mentor

Motion Sensor delay in intrusion alarm logging and running programs

When the system is in an ARMED-AWAY state and an intrusion alarm is triggered by a monitored Motion Sensor (NOT a camera) the siren will sound immediately but there appears to be about a 30 second delay before:

• The intrusion alarm is recorded in the activity log;
  • Any associated programs or connected activities run;
  • Monitoring Center is notified

If the alarm is CLEARED within ~30 seconds the alarm is NOT recorded in the activity log, none of the associated programs run, and I do not believe the monitoring center is ever notified. This is a big problem. For those of us who pay extra for the camera package and use programs to trigger recording video when the Alarm goes off, this delay seems to prevent the camera from recording the activity that triggered the motion. It's also very troubling that the alarm activity is never recorded in the logs. 

After 3+ hours during multiple calls to AT&T DL support I have yet to speak to anyone at AT&T who can verify if this delay is by design or not.  The only solution each rep could offer was sending out a technician to look at the system which I think is ultimately a huge waste of time, for both myself and AT&T, so I'm posting this issue here into see if anyone else has noticed the same issue.

There is a persistent and incredibly frustrating limitation of DL Support's ability to comprehend, research and troubleshoot virtually any issue beyond the system's most basic features. It seems that any time a customer support rep can't figure out an answer to a technical question, they simply schedule a service call.  Customer's should not have to take time off work because AT&T doesn't offer a standard escalation process.  

Message 1 of 2
Community Support

Re: Motion Sensor delay in intrusion alarm logging and running programs

Hello @bengehle!

I’d be happy to help you with your motion sensor. Due to the sensitive nature of your question, we’d like to contact you directly. Please click here to send Digital Life a private message. Include the account holder name, service address, the best contact number, and an email address.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Karry

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support