Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Important Digital Life Message

Community Support

Important Digital Life Message

Digital Life security services have not been impacted. Some customers received an erroneous message on their keypad. Additionally, we have seen some intermittent online response delays. We are in the process of addressing each of these issues and expect to have this resolved shortly.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (2)
Message 125 of 132
Contributor

Re: my panel is stating ERR: Alarm not sent to AT&T- what does that mean?

I called AT&T this morning 3 times to be placed on hold for over an hour until the operator hangs me up. I set my alarm off purposely to confirm AT&T received the alarm. Noone called me and no officer was showed up. Not until I called AT&T a fourth time did I get a lady on the line who didnt know anything about nothing. I asked did she receive my alarm...she stated she did but noone was alerted because I put in my code after 5 minutes. I told her so if noone was at my home and my house was broken into, they would not have gotten alert and it will be only if i called? She stated yes...AT&T has not been givinge a piece of mind lately. I have ADT coming out this weekend so I can cancel AT&T.
Message 90 of 132
Contributor

I have called 7 times and have been holding for 1 hr. 5 min., 55 min., 27 min. 15 min., 18 min.  7 min.,  and this time 19 min.  Not getting any response. 

Message 91 of 132
Contributor

I have same issue too. Been all day. Also my DL cameras not working too. Seems to be an issue with att. Sure would be Nice if AT&T just told us there is outage. Anyway in case you wanted to know ( as I did) if you set alarm and it goes off ( must be in alarmed state for 5 min or longer) EMERGENCY SERVICES WILL be contacted and show up. I tested it and police showed up at my door 10 mins later. So at least that is good.
Message 92 of 132
Contributor

Its fine.

Your alarm will still go off if you have it set. The issue is not with the DL System. The error is in the keypads. Simple solution is to power cycle them.

If you have the older keypad, simple press and hold STAR + POUND at the same time for 5 seconds and it will reboot the keypad. Error is gone.

If you have the new keypad, you have to remove the batteries. Push up on the unit from the bottom, it will come off the wall (this will cause a tamper error, but it will clear when you put it back on), use a phillips screwdriver and remove the two screws and take the batteries out. WAIT 30 seconds, put them back in and put it back on the wall. The new panel takes a few minutes to boot and clear the errors. Walk away, make coffee, walk the dog. Error will clear.

Everyone just needs to be patient. All this complaining about a little glitch, I feel for you all if this is the worse thing to happen to you, AT&T has HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of customers, all calling in at the same time to underpaid callcenter people having to dealing with everyone screaming and yelling at them for something outside their control. Be patient, be an adult and stop complaining about things this trivial.
Message 93 of 132
Contributor

Thepetcow thanks for the instructions on how to power cycle the keypad.  This worked and I don't have the error code anymore.  

As you said no need to freak out.

Message 94 of 132
Mentor

Same with mine.  Its always somthing with the system.  Either nt bat light on the controller is blinking, I cant get access to the system via tablet, internet, app.  It just is a poor system and support is not very good.  I think somthing needs to be done but I dont know what.

Message 95 of 132
Contributor

Error connecting to AT&T

I got an ERR message this morning when I armed my security system. It said it was not connected to AT&T. Is this something that will be fixed on AT&T end or do I need to do something?

Message 96 of 132
Tutor

Re: Error connecting to AT&T

Seems like an issue across the board.  I have the same error and can't arm the system either.  The Chat forums are "busy" and the phone queue so far has been 20 minutes long 

Message 97 of 132
Tutor

I call garbage.  We can't even arm the system, so how would it send an alarm if it's not even armed

Message 98 of 132
Contributor

no live recording

since yesterday the cameras has not shown any live feed just where we have armed and disarmed the system

Message 99 of 132
Tutor

same thing here message will not go away. have called and tried online chat. terrible customer service

Message 100 of 132

Re: Strange message

The same message from last night and no luck getting in customer service, tried to call 3 different times with being put on hold.. still no luck

Message 101 of 132
Contributor

Re: Error connecting to AT&T

Ok thanks, I tried to call this morning on my way to work but had to wait too long. Figured it was an issue with the system and thats why they were busy

Message 102 of 132
Contributor

Can't get a representative on the phone, live chat. I've been trying for over an hour

This is the worse security company ever.  I've been on the phone and waiting for live chat, for over an hour.  I have four cameras that do not pick up anything.  They are programmed for motion detection and they don't pick up anything.  Every couple of months I have a problem with the cameras and this system.  The worse.  I'm so glad its not an emergency and I can't get through to anyone.  Will be cancelling my service with them, what a waste of time and money.  When I did call recently, they wanted to give me a new camera so we didn't leave them.  Whats the sense, if none of the cameras work, they are garbage!

Message 103 of 132
Teacher

App Message "Try Again, Action Timed Out"

My Service is one year installed. This same issue continues to return now & again. Using the App on my iPhone to change a Plug from on to off, watch it spin to activate, then the irritation of the message appears. I've tried it 20 times without success rather than

trying to reach Option 4 by phone. Last time there it was a 30 minute hold. But finally the Agent looked up the system, reported back to try again and it was fixed.  But then again the next day it all repeated. Why would Digital life not have fixed this over the year. What does the Agent do to fix the App ? 

Message 104 of 132
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support