Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Important Digital Life Message

Community Support

Important Digital Life Message

Digital Life security services have not been impacted. Some customers received an erroneous message on their keypad. Additionally, we have seen some intermittent online response delays. We are in the process of addressing each of these issues and expect to have this resolved shortly.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (2)
Message 125 of 132
Scholar

Re: Error message on keypad

You have 14 days to cancel your system. I've had mine since 24 January and the 2nd week it was nothing but issues. I was told 30 days to decide and later found out this was a lie.
Message 120 of 132
Scholar

Re: App Message "Try Again, Action Timed Out"

It seems like they've been giving the DigitalLife customers lip service for too long. Maybe filing complaints with State Departments of Commerce and Better Business Bureaus would get their attention.
Message 121 of 132
Tutor

I just started gettig this error: ERR: Alarm was not sent to AT&T.

Has there been any update om how to resolve this?

Message 122 of 132
Teacher

Re: Strange message

Yesterday the call volume was crazy high but you might have better luck today (and not have to wait an obscene amount of time.) The customer representative can remotely fix it over the phone - no technician required.
Message 123 of 132

how do I do it? Please walk me through, I am not very technical person

Message 124 of 132
ACE - Guru

Re: Important Digital Life Message

I'm sorry, but if I can't arm/disarm my system or unlock my doors remotely for guests and workers, my security services are certainly impacted.

In addition, I am unable to view any camera recordings. My camera-based programs are working, telling me their is activity in my driveway, yet I can't see any videos in the Archives. Many of us are reporting this issue, and the participants on this forum represent only a very small fraction of users, so the problem is actually more widespread than it would seem here.

My security is definately impacted by these issues. I feel ATT owes me a more detailed explanation than "we're aware of the intermittent delay, and erroneous error message". The problem is actually larger, and has been occurring intermittently for weeks. It's just that now it has gotten so bad that system is rendered unusable, and it's lasted for several contigious days.

(documented)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 126 of 132
Teacher

​It's too bad for both parties when we have to go that route. I know &
found it very time consuming but in the end, their response was the
difference in Customer's favor.

Message 127 of 132

My message is "Software Update in Progress", for the last 4 days!  Like everyone else, can't get through to any kind of support.   It would be nice if they advised customers there was an issue and it was being worked on.

Message 128 of 132

I've been unable to reach any Digital Life department including Tech Support for 4 days.  Digital Life needs to do a better job of informing customers of issues/pending resolutions.

Message 129 of 132
Tutor

I got through to someone last night who was pretty clueless.  I didn't have an error message on my pad; my problem was that one of my four cameras had stopped recording video either via motion activation or manually running the program (though you could make it take a snapshot just fine).  She reset my controller and then tried to do something with the camera.  The only useful thing she did say was that they were having problems with an update that they had pushed out and some customers were having problems.  She swore that my videos were being saved, I just didn't have access to them at the moment, and that it could take up to 24 hours for it to sort out.  So here it is 29 hours later, and my camer decided to start recording last night and then stopped again this afternoon, and nothing can persuade it to take a video.  And of course all the videos from the two gap periods are NOT available.  And then as part of her sign off she says, "And as a reminder, you can always use the Solutions Center online".  Actually, that was false as well.  Every time I tried it logged me out.

Currently on hold even though I know better than to wait another hour on hold just to talk to another poorly trained and paid agent who can't fix anything and is not allowed to let on how bad their outage from this botched "upgrade" is.  My contract is up; I'm definitely looking around at other systems, preferably ones who can use the thousands of dollars of gear that ATT put in.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with a polite and competent rep who confirmed that the upgrade-triggered outage is still going on and there's no ETA for resolution, but he does say that videos should pop up when its fixed.  So stand by and wait; there's nothing else you can do.  But it would have been nice if AT&T DL had sent out an email admitting they had an outage.  It would have resulted in 1) a lot fewer pissedoff customers whose system isn't working, who don't know why, and can't get answers without a hour on hold, and 2) a lot fewer unnecessary calls to their call center from said customers.  They've really flunked basic customer service so badly with this one that it could be a business school case study.  Be proactive and tell your customers what's going on.  It's not like if you try to hide it they won't know there's a problem.  Be upfront and honest, and maybe even throw them a credit for the days that they haven't had the service they're paying for.  It's really not that hard.  Except for this half-baked service, apparently.

Message 130 of 132
Tutor

The best part?  After leaving this message, I get an email that I've "earned" a "badge" (whee!) for my "contributions to the community".  The name?  "Wrecking Ball".  I thought that some thin-skinned employee was being snarky, but it turns out to be worse in a way: that's the name of the generic badge that every first poster gets.  Kudos to the really brain-dead marketing/customer service departments who came up with this idea (as well as the one for 2500! posts).

Message 131 of 132
Highlighted
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎03-06-2017 5:34 PM

Re: my panel is stating ERR: Alarm not sent to AT&T- what does that mean?

Digital Life security services have not been impacted. Some customers received an erroneous message on their keypad. Additionally, we have seen some intermittent online response delays. We are in the process of addressing each of these issues and expect to have this resolved shortly.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (4)
Message 132 of 132
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support