Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Glass sensor Replace Battery warning won't clear

Tutor

Glass sensor Replace Battery warning won't clear

We got a "Replace battery" sensor for a room.  Replaced the battery.  Still have the "Replace battery" message.  Swapped out the new battery with one in another room that's working fine.  Still get the "Replace Battery" message in the original room (now with a known working battery.)  This is the SECOND glass break sensor this has happened to.  After 30 minutes on the phone last time with a rep, they finally sent us a new glass sensor, and the same battery worked fine in it.
Getting REALLY tired of this.

Message 1 of 4
Community Support

Re: Glass sensor Replace Battery warning won't clear

@azevedan - Is the warning clear now that you have a new device?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

And the answer is (from the technician who came by):  you have to hit the little metal strip inside the sensor several times when you replace the battery.
Something the on-the-phone troubleshooters don't apparently know.

Message 3 of 4
Community Support

@azevedan  Hello. Thank you for sharing and I will have that information passed along to the agents you spoke to. Glad it is all working now. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support