Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Glass Break Sensors no longer work?

ACE - Guru

Glass Break Sensors no longer work?

Hi,

My drums/cymbals and glass break sensor tester (Tektronix), use to both trigger my glass break sensors, as they would write to the event log, and trip the alarm in test mode.

It's been months since I checked, but today I noticed that neither sensor can be tripped... batteries are good.

I've had techs here adding other devices since, and they've updated the DLC software.. I wonder  if they disconnected the functionality of my sensors? (Yes, they appear normally in my devices list)

Any ideas? (I don't want to spend an hour on the phone, being told to reboot everything, as that's not the problem)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 6
Teacher

@directv_123  Same situation here... I think this is the result of a software update.

I use a Honeywell glassbreak simulator to test the glass break sensors in my home.  Previously, the system could be Disarmed,  and the AT&T Device Log would still show that a sensor detected broken glass.  Now, it hides that info and I have to put the system into "On/Off Test Mode"  and trigger the Honeywell simulator,  setting off the sirens as if it were a real alarm. 

This is not ideal,  I used to be able to check Glass break sensors with just the Honeywell simulator (or a drum set LOL) on the Device Log,  but now I've got to trigger a full-on Test alarm.  Not good, especially with close neighbors.

@ATTDigitalLifeCS  Is this something you could please forward through the right channels to get fixed on the next software update?  If the Glassbreak sensor goes off while the system is Disarmed, we just want it to show in the Device log like it used to.  I think a software update got rid of that and it now hides Glassbreak detection if the alarm isn't Armed.  Please advise?

Thanks.

Message 2 of 6
ACE - Guru

Yes, please...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Teacher

@ATTDigitalLifeCS  This notification doesn't even work in TEST mode now ?!!?! 

When are you going to update your software so we can see when Glass Break sensors trigger an alarm??

Right now it only shoes on the keypad,  if you go into the app it shows NOTHING about glassbreak sensors going off.  This is a problem!

Message 4 of 6
Teacher

@ATTDigitalLife  @ATTDigitalLifeCS   -   3rd reminder my friends - - - what's the update here???

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Guru

I think ATT has given up on development for this platform.

I think they're looking to sell off the Home Security business.

They never even really tried to keep up or enhance the product.

Too bad, but I don't this being anything they will ever fix.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support