Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Garage door opener

Contributor

Garage door opener

I need to know which brand of garage door opener is compatible with the ATT digital life? I call tech support all I get is that you can't use the Genie, lift master and Chamberlin. I don't know of many more garage door makers. All I need is a brand and make that ATT knows works with this system.
Message 1 of 49

Re: Garage door opener

I understand your position. However, if I were to buy a new remote for my
system, I can teach it the system code. Same with the garage door opener
built into my trucks visor. Why not have a device that mechanically
activates a wireless device that can accept the low voltage signal and
convert that to a mechanics movement?
Message 46 of 49
Community Support

@cheddarthief  Hello again. A lot  of the garage door openers on the market are not tied into your home security system directly as this one is, hence the reason for the added security measures regarding compatibility with devices.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 47 of 49

I understand what you're saying but my last one was.  It was one of the reason's I bought this system.  I understand that while this wireless to motor control is different than the standard wired control, and that is not as convenient for ATT, I would think someone would investigate a way for the ATT users to develop a work around so we can still control our garages with our system.  No?

Message 48 of 49
Community Support

@cheddarthief   We do investigate when we can with the manufacturers, as it is a joint effort for them to be compatible.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 49 of 49
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Unwrap a $5 Starbucks® Card* Learn How
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support