Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Garage door opener

Contributor

Garage door opener

I need to know which brand of garage door opener is compatible with the ATT digital life? I call tech support all I get is that you can't use the Genie, lift master and Chamberlin. I don't know of many more garage door makers. All I need is a brand and make that ATT knows works with this system.
Message 1 of 49
Community Support

Re: Garage door opener

Digital Life gives you the ability to monitor the state of your garage door and take appropriate action remotely. If you left home in the morning and get to work you can be alerted that you left your garage open and close it remotely without having to drive back home.

You can also create programs that involve your garage door (i.e. when the garage door is opened disarm the alarm, turn on lights in the house, set thermostat to a desired temperature, etc.). These are just a few of the many reasons to use a garage door controller.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 49

With digital life's track record I'd be Leary to trust the biggest door to my house to it! I'll keep "my Q""!
Message 17 of 49
Contributor

I have a Manetec which has opted not to work since Digital Life has come into its life.  I hav had a tech come out and when it was removed the garage door worked, but when reinstalled it would not work.  They say it is the garage door, but he garage door company says that it is the frequency was changed and does not match.

Message 18 of 49
Contributor

What is the significance of the up and down arrows?  What causes the incompatibility issue?

Message 19 of 49
Tutor

ATT really needs to get with it and get the compatibilty issues resolved with the MyQ system or develop a work around.  More than half of the new motors out there are using this and it is crazy that the Digital Life system cannot work with modern technology.  Please let customers know as soon as there will be a fix for this or a way to get them to operate with the MyQ technology.  

In the meantime all you can do is to get the MyQ control system which will cost about another $70 and then use ATT digital life contact sensors to know if the garage doors are open or closed. This is a very cumbersome and annoying way to do it but at least will work with the ATT system.  Something really needs to be done about this so the customer gets a fully operational system.  Should not have to switch out modern LiftMaster garage door opener so it works.  I have four Garage doors so thats a huge deal.

Message 20 of 49
Contributor

I have the Chamberlain garage door opener and it went out so I had to replace it yesterday... I kept all the wiring the same and got the same garage motor but now my att door operner will not work not sure why do I need to pair it with the new garage door motor if so can you tell me how..I know there is a reset or pair button on the side of the att opener but not sure what to do next? Help please customer service is no help and I know its a easy fix I originally installed the controller myself and had att discover it...and worked fine

Message 21 of 49
Contributor

Mine does have the up and down arrow next to the discover button does this mean it will not work anymore, my origional Camberlain didn't have that?

Message 22 of 49

can't help with this one. I'd call csr svc again and keep asking till you
foind someone with some sense,may take awhile. I wouldn't trust att with
the biggest door to my house.
Message 23 of 49

can't help with this one. I'd call csr svc again and keep asking till you
foind someone with some sense,may take awhile. I wouldn't trust att with
the biggest door to my house.
Message 24 of 49
Contributor

We had our digital life installed today but our garage opener is an genie. It is about 13 years old and it is not a my q or smart opener. The installer told us it was not compatable because it was not American made. One of the reason we chose this system is because of the accessibility of the garage opener due to the fact that we have young kids going in and out of the garage.

Very disappointed. I think this should have been pointed out to us at the beginning not at the end. Especially, when the installer knew this feature is what we really wanted before he even got started.
Message 25 of 49
Community Support

@Lovetheson It's important to me that you are completely satisfied with your system. Therefore, I would like to get another technician out to your home to make a final determination on capatibility of your garage door opener.

We have had capability issues with some Genie models but not all.

Please direct message me your account info and I will have a manager contact you to determine an appointment date.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 26 of 49
Tutor

What brand of garage door opener do I need in order to make the digital life opener work? Frustrated as I have a nice opener now, but it's not compatable.

Message 27 of 49
Community Support

Most smart openers that have an app or multiple functions other than open/close are not compatible with Digital Life.

Message 28 of 49
Tutor

Huge deal to me too. I agree with everything you said.

Message 29 of 49
Tutor

Thank you. Our DL app opens the garage every time. But our original remotes work 20% of the time. Any suggestions?

Message 30 of 49
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Get a PopSocket stocking stuffer on us* - Learn How
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support