Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Garage door opener

Contributor

Garage door opener

I need to know which brand of garage door opener is compatible with the ATT digital life? I call tech support all I get is that you can't use the Genie, lift master and Chamberlin. I don't know of many more garage door makers. All I need is a brand and make that ATT knows works with this system.
Message 1 of 49
Scholar

Hi,

mine is a Lift Master and it works with my garage door opener. I wonder why they said it wouldn't?!?

have you got the system already or looking to buy it? I can send you my salesmanship details so you talk to him as he's very knowledgable. 

Thanks

Message 2 of 49

I to have a lift master and it works fine.  When I ordered mine there was no discussion on brand of garage door opener I had.   I say go for it!

Message 3 of 49
Scholar

Yes. Mine works very well and I'm very happy. Please forward me your best contact number and I'll send it to Kyle. Thanks.

Message 4 of 49
Scholar

The "remote" opener goes in-line/between your wired button remote and the opener.  So any brand will work as the DL remote acts as someone "pushing" the wired button remote.  Do I make any sense?  I have the DL system and truly love it!

Message 5 of 49
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDigitalLifeCS
‎10-06-2015 7:11 AM

I am the lead tech of New Jersey digital life. The garage door controllers are compatible amongst a lot of brands. The only way your garage door controller would not be compatible is if you have the brand "my Q" or if you have a wired smart switch controller. The smart switch will display temperature of its surrounding and will not allow our signal to pass through to the existing controller. If you have any question please feel free to ask.  

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 49
Highlighted
Tutor

I have a brand new Chamberlain but it is not a MyQ and he could not get the interface to work. It has a single button wired switch and a wireless numeric buttons keypad outside.
Message 7 of 49
Former Employee

Ok so as long as the garage door is not a myq and doesn't have a smart switch (switch that shows temperature). Also check and make sure that there are no up and down arrows on the unit on the ceiling. This could also affect the signal from our device to yours. If it does not have those then the tech would have needed to re-pair the tilt sensor to our garage door controller. Hope this info helps.
Message 8 of 49
Tutor

There are up and down arrows on the ceiling mounted motor.
Message 9 of 49
Contributor

It sounds like I have similar model Chamberlain simple one button control and arrows on main unit on ceiling. Did this question get resolved? My newly installed opener is not functioning but the old one worked before it was replaced by the Chamberlain.
Message 10 of 49
Contributor

I have a Genie, and the installer said the current OS was incompatibale.  Have they released the new OS?

Message 11 of 49
Former Employee

Unfortunely no. We are still using the same garage door controller with the same software. Do you have a switch on the inside of your garage that shows temperature? or a MyQ

Message 12 of 49
Voyager

Marionoice, I just had Digital Life installed. My garage door controller is not working. I have the LiftMaster 8060. 

Do you have a resource that shows what models are NOT compatibile? That would be nice if there is a published resource for prospective and/or current customers to not waste time troubleshooting.

Message 13 of 49
Contributor

What model LiftMaster do you have... Thaks...

Message 14 of 49
Scholar

What does digital life do that warrants having it possibly screw up your garage door opener? I have a Liftmaster with MyQ and it works great without digital life entering its life. I don't get it.
Message 15 of 49
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Unwrap a $5 Starbucks® Card* Learn How
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support