Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital life camera

Highlighted
Tutor

Digital life camera

Can the  Digital Life camera record to the cloud such as a personal storage device or does it store all recordings internally and if so how and how much space is available?

Message 1 of 13
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Railen
‎12-15-2015 11:26 AM

Re: Digital life camera

Hello @Railen

Unfortunately at this time recording in the cloud is not possible. Currently there is a 250 MB storage limit. It is best to set your system to auto purge to ensure space is available as well as download the picture or clips you'd like to save. Our development team has heard and understands the need for more storage space and is working on ways to increase this in the future.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 13
Tutor

Thats fine...thanks I appreciate the reply.
Message 3 of 13
Tutor

When will this feature be available?  I'm about to leave AT&T because of this.  I don't know how it's possible that a security video recording solution only has 250 MB shared... that's basically useless.  It stores a couple days of video and that's it.  

Message 4 of 13
Community Support

Hello @JeffPl

There is no timeline on increasing the video storage. However, we realize the need for additional storage and our development team is working to resolve this issue.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 13
Teacher

Re: Can't silence the beep on the Digital Life keypad

Should be an easy solution. Either add a feature to your app that allows scheduled downloads of the files (e.g. every night at midnight dump the days file to a designated local drive) or copy to a client's cloud account.  I think the camera recording ability is worthless.  My camera won't even record when someone walks up to the door. The only way to fix my problem from what I can determine is to have 24/7 recording, which you don't offer either.  You only offer sensor recording.  How about timed recording?  You need far more flexibility in this system if your devices aren't going to work the way you sell them.

Message 6 of 13
Mentor

The camera on the ATT digital life system is really low quality compared to what's on the market today. Their HD is very pixelated and fuzzy. During my 14 day trial, I had someone come to my door (stranger) and I couldn't make out the guys face even though he was only 5 ft away. I swtiched my plan and bought a NestCam. I placed the NestCam under a patio area away from the sun and elements. Its so far been MUCH MUCH better quality. On a Nestcam you can see a crikets wiskers from 10 ft away.

Message 7 of 13
Mentor

Oh and the NestCam has unlimited storage for 10 days for less than $8.50 a month. Can't beat that price

Message 8 of 13
Mentor

What baffles me is the response ATT has to our concerns. For one thing the loud beep when you arm and disarm your system is a HUGE draw back that I'm stuck with. Like your concern about storage, ATT as you can see will only say "we've heard your concerns and we are working on it". Do we live in the 90's still? You're AT&T. You hold the largest market on the country and you can't spare some storage space like NestCam can? It makes no sense at all. It also makes no sense that I can't turn the freakin beep down when I arm my system or turn it off. My animals scatter for hours after I arm/disarm my system and I can't even use the "stay" feature because I will either wake everyone up when I get home or when I leave for work.
Message 9 of 13
Teacher

Did you see that you can now turn down the beep?  It only took them about 5 years....

Message 10 of 13
Contributor

Can you confirm when the camera are running per the website shows it uses about 1 mb on internet speed per feed?

Message 11 of 13
Tutor

Don't hold your breath for a response from ATT. They have the worst customer service in the world and continuosly lie about their products and what they are capable of. We just purchased their Digital Life System and three cameras. Made the mistake of doing this based on a sales person at an ATT store rather than checking things out on the internet first. Now we are stuck for two years with 3 cameras which are absolutely worthless. As noted they do not have adequate storage space for the video's and the video's are of such poor quality that no one could possible identify the person or person's who came to rob your house or worse attack and murder the inhabitants. ATT doesn't really give a care about protecting you they only want to take your money to pay their executives obscene salaries.

Message 12 of 13
ACE - Guru

ATT wrote: "Unfortunately at this time recording in the cloud is not possible. Currently there is a 250 MB storage limit. It is best to set your system to auto purge to ensure space is available as well as download the picture or clips you'd like to save. Our development team has heard and understands the need for more storage space and is working on ways to increase this in the future."

This was witten in 2015.... Sad...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Get a PopSocket stocking stuffer on us* - Learn How
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support