Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital life Video Recordings Storage

Contributor

Digital life Video Recordings Storage

Disappointed in the amount of storage space for captured video on my Digital life cameras. I would buy two more cameras if it came with more storage or if I could purchase more. I shouldn't have to manually download files every day. A few times I have needed to review it and it only goes back about two or three days. Anyone know?
Message 1 of 24
Scholar

Re: Digital life Video Recordings Storage

What I find so fascinating is that in this day and age where storage is so cheap, AT&T has no offering for additional storage--especially when what they give you by default is so ridiculosly small!

But I'm somewhat lucky, though:  When I signed up, I was told that the space would be 500GB and in my account plan details, that's what it said; however, in Data Management, it would always show 250GB.  So I called Customer Service, told her the story, then she clicked away and ever since then, I have 500GB.

I have 6 cameras so I still need more than 500GB.  I'm completely baffled as to why they don't have additional storage space plans that you can purchase

Message 16 of 24
Tutor

How are we supposed to go on vacation for a week or so, with two cameras, with only 250MB of storage.  That seems SO crazy in this world where I can store a terabyte on a chip the size of my pinky nail  I was COMPLETELY misled and told I had 250 on site and 3GB in the 'Cloud" by the techs who sold me on this.  With SO many complaints about this, why not make a SIMPLE fix?  INCREASE it to a GB.  I dont understand WHY the limit...is it because it's airtime of sending it over 3G system?  Do they use that calculation in their cost model so they can offer more data to cell phone users and not have Digital LIfe customers use airtime?  I am so confused by this.  Please respond. 

Message 17 of 24
Community Support

We are listening and we are actively working to address the storage issue.  We hope to be able to introduce improvements soon but there is no specific information or date available to share at this time.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 24
Mentor

What a very, very WEAK response.  Going back and reviewing all the many complaints I've had on this very topic, especially after my home was robbed the 2nd time via my Garage, and of course, with multiple camera, by the time we were aware everything of use was already over-written.  

How could it be so complicated to offer more storage?  How could AT&T be so uncaring about all the people who are afraid, knowing if you are out of the house for multiple days, you have to login and review all your video and save or delete, knowing it will just over-write?  So many other good features but this one is unbelievable stupid, and its been a year and a half since I found out I was duped by this trickery, and started being very vocal about it.  

And crickets.  Oh, we hope some day we might have some improvement in some way, but we can say when, or what or how.  But, oh, your business is really important to us, and we take this seriously.  We do care, really.  We do.    

I CALL Bull Crap!  Because if you did, you would have done something!  Long, long time ago!   Profit over customers.  

Message 19 of 24
ACE - Guru

@ATTDigitalLifeCS has a very difficult job... It's not their fault, but I agree the storage deals are ridiculous.

ATT (the folks that make the decisions) doesn't care...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 24
Contributor

Any updates to this?  Still waiting for more storage--years later.  I can't believe AT&T employees do not have the technical acumen to make this happen.  And the APP.  What a horror.  It is slow and full of bugs.  Is this really AT&T? 

Message 21 of 24
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDigitalLifeCS
‎01-14-2019 7:31 AM

@acanww  Hello. Yes, we offer 1GB of storage for $4.99 per month and 500MB is $2.99 per month.  What is the issue with the app? We have made several updates to it over the last year. Could you please define "slow and full of bugs" a bit for me? Have you updated to the latest version? Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 22 of 24
Contributor

Oh great!  I just signed up for more storage.  One example of the APP's problems: I can never use "make a payment" on the PC.  It only works on my phone.  And it is not PC specific, because I have tried several.  It just hangs.  I just tried again and same thing happened.

Message 23 of 24
Community Support

@acanww  Which browser are you using? Have you tried Firefox? Explorer likes to be finicky at times, but Firefox seems to always work great!

Message 24 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support