Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital life Video Recordings Storage

Highlighted
Contributor

Digital life Video Recordings Storage

Disappointed in the amount of storage space for captured video on my Digital life cameras. I would buy two more cameras if it came with more storage or if I could purchase more. I shouldn't have to manually download files every day. A few times I have needed to review it and it only goes back about two or three days. Anyone know?
Message 1 of 24
Community Support

Re: Digital life Video Recordings Storage

@Chipiscool

Storage space can be conserved a couple of ways:

1. Setting Auto Purge: This option will delete video/pictures automatically when the maximum storage limit is reached. My Account -> Data Management
  2. Setting Motion Areas on Cameras: Up to 4 motion areas can be set for camera to look for motion within it's viewing area. Area can be sized to meet your needs. Camera Settings -> Motion Areas
  3. Setting Programs: Create programs only to record video or snapshots during specific days/times.

Hope this helps.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 24

Lets be clear AT&T. Yes those are options, but after purchasing 4 additional cameras, NO ONE told me that the storage was limited to 250MB....not GIGABIT, but MB!!!!!!!!!!

Lets put it into perspective OK?  250 MB is equivelant to Qty. 14 of 3 1/2 inch floppy disks at 1.44mb a piece that was designed in 1987!!!!

You can but a 2GB usb stick for less than 5 US dollars in 2015 in fact you will be hard pressed to even find one available anymore! This is the most INSANE thing I have EVER seen! I have been doing IT work since the early 90's and have been involved in it since the 80's. This doesn't even remotely make sense. You should NEVER have offered cameras, or even the option of running cameras on your sytem if you could ONLY afford 250mb worth of storage space.

If I go on a weeks vacation, I'm suppose to log in, every 12 hours and export all the activity??? I can't plug in an external drive to any device to do this automatically. I can't Export ALL VIDEOS at one time! You have turned this into a full time job! SHAME on you for this! It's 2015 almost 2016 and cloud storage is CHEAP!!! So quite being CHEAP! I have invested over a $1000.00 in this sytem and after one week, I'm about to return it all. Never been so disappointed in something. So much potential, but too many stupid mistakes!

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 24
Teacher

I concur.  250MB of online storage is inadaquate.  I was also told by the AT&T Digitial Life representative that the online storage was 500MB.  When I asked if that was per camera, the response was YES.  I purchased $500 in outdoor cameras only to be let down by the online storage capacity.  The system that AT&T Digital Life replaced was a Nightown System with a home DVR that had a 1 TB hard drive for storage.

Plus shouldn't there be an option to record for as long as the motion occurs?  What if a stranger walks up to me in my driveway and doesn't start attacking me in the first 60 seconds?  I don't believe the camera will record beyond 60 seconds.  

The Camera Archive page is confusing.  I don't understand what some of the symbols mean and there is no legend or icon text.  I can't figure out if or how to download video clips to m computer from the online archive. 

Message 4 of 24
Mentor

Ridiculous indeed.  One camera sure.  After purchasing 4, it doesn't make any sense.  AT&T?  really!?

Message 5 of 24
ACE - Guru

I too was told at the store "it's goingto 500mb per camera", back in November.... so i bought 6 cameras.

Even at the super low resolution the cameras provide, it's insufficient...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 24
Contributor

I just had a Digital Life system worth over $1000 installed yesterday and never even considered storage space to be an issue.  It took two techs over 9 hours to install the system, but after finding my storage full within 12 hours and talking with an AT&T rep this morning, I'm glad I have 13 days left to cancel this product.  This literally BLOWS MY MIND that in late 2016 I'm still only offered 250 MB for 5 cameras (I was going to add 3 more once the doorbell camera comes out next month).  Unless AT&T can provide a viable solution, where I can automatically save on an external drive within the next 7 days, they will be picking up their equipment in the very near future.  

Message 7 of 24
ACE - Guru

Add me... i was told last year by an ATT rep that 500Mb per camera was coming in few weeks.

I have 6 cameras... if the wind blows, my cameras fill my 250mb in a few hours and I lose all my recordings... which defeats the purpose of mt $1000, $55/mo system.

250mb is a bad joke... storage is now measured in GIGAbytes....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 24
Former Employee

@directv_123 agreed 250MB isn't enough, but you could adjust the motion detector in the camera to ignore the trees so your storage doesn't fill up with useless videos. Unless your yard is nothing but trees.

Message 9 of 24
Teacher

I was screwed as well.  One day and 20% of the storage is used up already, with one camera.  I was planning on four cameras soon.  

One chat agent said I had 3GB

Sales said I would get 3GB

Another chat agent said 3GB plus I can insert a microSD card.

All are wrong appearantly.  

Message 10 of 24
ACE - Guru

I know, right?

And ATT is silent on these lies, and seems to have no intention to increase storage.

I think this product will be dead in 2 years.

Message 11 of 24
Community Support

The system was increased to 3GB for cellular data usage. The system uses data just as a regular cell phone and we increased the data plan alotted for each Digital Life system.  We apologize for the misinformation being provided and will alert the proper teams to make sure training is provided to prevent this going forward. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 24
Teacher

EVERY SOLUTION recommended by AT&T staff entails picking up a new hobby of logging into your account daily, and downloading video files.  Or to have minimal coverage (area and leghth of time for the recording).  And, still, you will have to repeat this at best every three days vs daily.  My other post:ATT Digital Life Use afte 24 hours.png

25-26 hours of use, and 1/3 of the 250MB storage is conumed with ONLY ONE camera, in a houshold of four. Camera set to on on motion only, and 25 seconds of recording. This service sucks, and mine is getting returned within the 14 day window.

- Was told in store I would get 3GB storage
- Was told on phone when ordering I would get 3GB storage
- Was told in chat I would get 3GB storage, AND, I could add a micro SD memory card.

Message 13 of 24
ACE - Guru

I agree.... We ALL agree...

@ATTDigitalLifeCS - Are you able to escalate this issue to your leadership?

We've all been hearing about capacity increases for 2 years, and many have even been lied to about increases by sales staff that never happen,

Many of us find the ridiculously low 250mb storage a deal-breaker, and a reason to not renew.

Can this get escalated?

Thank you (as always!)

Message 14 of 24
Tutor

The techs are here right now installing two cameras... Telling me 3gb on line...I think they are wrong.
Message 15 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support