Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital Life Instant Arm

Contributor

Digital Life Instant Arm

Can someone please explain the "instant arm" and how it works?  THere is nothing about this button in the manual I received upon installation. 

When set in this mode, will the alarm sound immediately upon entering the house?  And if so, can I still disarm with my code? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 11
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by lilbanksy72
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Digital Life Instant Arm

Instant is instant response.  All but motion is activated.  There is NO delay.  I use this at night when my family is sleeping.  As soon as a door or window is opened, the alarm would sound and ATT is notifified instantly.  Armed Stay, is the same but with a delay.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Contributor

Thanks for the response.  So, if this occurs, AT&T will call automatically?

Message 3 of 11
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by lilbanksy72
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

On Instant they will call immediatly.  Faster than you can run to enter your code!

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 11
Contributor

Thank you!

Message 5 of 11
Contributor

if we are at home and mu daughter works till a certain time at night.  I can set the alarm to stay because we are going to bed when my daughter gets off work will the alarm have a delay for her to put the code in an then set the alarm again for instant.  Or I want to know how do i set the alarm for someone to be home and someone coming home later with the alarm on.

Message 6 of 11
Mentor

This for some reason was never answered. Yes. STAY would allow your daughter to come home, she opens door, the keypad would beep, she has a delay for time to enter her code, then once disarmed, she can hit the INSTANT button, to arm the alarm since nobody else should be coming into the doors/windows anymore.

However, a quieter approach would be for her to use the APP or keyfob to disarm the alarm before coming in, this way she doesnt have the "beep beep beep" sound of the keypad telling you that you need to enter your code, and instead the people in the house would only hear the short couple of tones indicating the alarm has been disarmed.

Message 7 of 11
Contributor

My keypad goes to instant stay when I try to just do stay. My phone app works fine and will let me do stay. Is there something I am doing wrong or with my keypad?

Message 8 of 11
Employee

if you hold stay in for a period of time it will go to instant   just press and go do not hold

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 11
Teacher

Be very careful here.... "Entry / Exit" devices DO NOT trigger a truly INSTANT notification to the monitoring center. 

Until yesterday I was under the same impression as everybody else on this forum... I thought arming-Instant would trigger an Instant response from AT&T.  A recent situation has proved this is not true. 

A few days ago my system was Armed -Instant while I was sleeping.  A family member with a key came over unexpecdateily, and opened the front door.  The 'siren' sounded,  about 25 seconds went by, and she entered the code into the keypad. NO CALL or notification from AT&T whatsoever.  No "Intrusion Alarm" was sent, and my system was on Instant. 

I was very concerned so I called Digital Life support the next day.  Spent nearly an hour testing various instrusion scenarios with a helpful tech, and this rep was able to confirm that "ENTRY/EXIT" contact points have a baked-in delay.  According to this rep, the minmum was 5 seconds but I am not able to confirm this.  Regardless of what the delay time is, what you need to be aware of is that Entry/Exit devices have delays baked in (as of this writing.)

Another important note is that Motion Sensors are usually setup as Entry/Exit devices by default.  This makes complete sense for a motion detector that is located near the primary entry/exit location of your house.  (For example, near the front door keypad that you use when you leave and come home every day.)  However, other motion detectors covering your hallway or bedrooms should NOT be setup as Entry/Exit devices (at least in my setup)..  I am never going to enter my home through my hallway or guest bedroom and want zero delay on those sensors.  DL support can configure this for you if you call them and know what you're talking about.

My goal here is not to knock Digital Life, but simply raise awareness that the system treats Entry/Exit devices differently from other sensors under certain arming scenarios.  If someone had kicked in the front door while I was sleeping, sure AT&T would have been notified... but after about ~45 seconds according to the rep I spoke with.  This is nearly a lifetime if there was a true intrusion situation. 

Don't take my word for it, test on your own and know how all the sensors on your system are configured. 

Message 10 of 11
ACE - Guru

Great info!

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support