Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Digital Life Cameras

Contributor

Digital Life Cameras

I've been a Digital Life customer since they offered the service in St. Louis.  I have 2 exterior cameras installed and they've worked perfectly up until this week.  I have my front door camera set to detect motion and notify me via text message.  

I noticed that since the temperatures have gotten extremely cold outside, my cameras work but they aren't detecting motion.   Has anyone else run into this problem with their cameras in extreme cold weather?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Community Support

Re: Digital Life Cameras

Hello @Keith2691!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this trouble.  I have not heard of this problem before, but I'd like to help correct any trouble you're having with your outdoor cameras.  

Please click here to send a private message to Digital Life.  In your message, include the account holders name, address, contact number, email and the best time to contact you.

Thank you for choosing AT&T Digital Life!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Just had my Digital Life alarm system installed with 2 outdoor cameras. The issue I have is that it does not pickup people walking by my home. It picks up cars moving in the street. I have adjusted the sensitivity and the motion box numerous times. Nothing helps. Now I am getting camera offline on my phone and desktop. Have already called customer care and they seem not to know what is going on. Already starting to hate my system. Anybody else having this problem.

Message 3 of 5
Community Support

@jjlara30!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your cameras. I am happy to help you with this! 

Please click here to send a private message to Digital Life.  In your message, include the account holders name, address, contact number, email and the best time to contact you.

Thank you for choosing AT&T Digital Life!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Employee

I'm in Wisconsin and have the extreme cold weather as well. The main reason is the type of camera you may have (being an original customer). The techs told me the outdoor cameras that have two antennas on them are not made for cold weather environments (especially with the cold affecting motion). They have replaced four out of six of my outdoor cameras with the new heated hd ones and they work much better. They were covered under warranty (since the weather here destroyed them). You may want to see if this would work for you. Good luck.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support