Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Changing Master code on door lock?

Contributor

Changing Master code on door lock?

How can I change the master code on my door lock?  All the others code can be changed when I log in to my account, but the master is not.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
Former Employee

Re: Changing Master code on door lock?

If you know the current master code, then you can change it at the door lock keypad.

1. Enter master pin then press #

2. Enter 1 then #

3. Enter New Master pin then #

4. press * to end program

If you forgot the current master code, you will need to do a factory reset on the lock.

1. Remove battery cover

2. Remove batteries

3. Remove the two screws behind the batteries

4. Remove the screw at the very bottom of the lock.

5. carefully remove the entire back plate

6. press the button on the circuit board just above where the wires are connected

7. Keep holding the button while you replace the batteries.

8. Release button once batteries are in

9. The code is now reset to the default code of 12345678

10. Reassemble the lock and follow the above directions to set a new code.

Message 2 of 10
Former Employee

Also here is the user manual for those locks. All you need to know about them is here https://www.yale2you.com/Yale_CDN/NO_CYL_Yale_DB_TOUCH_Instructions.pdf

Message 3 of 10
Contributor

You're AWESOME!

that was extremely useful

and easy...

Message 4 of 10
Tutor

Can't get this to work. After I put in master code to unlock it, when I hit # (or any other button) it reengages the deadbolt. What am I doing wrong?
Message 5 of 10
Mentor

May need to do factory reset and start over. 

This may help

https://www.yale2you.com/Yale_CDN/Yale_Key%20Free_DB_PUSH_B1L_ZW_Instructions.pdf

Message 6 of 10
Tutor

Would you have a step-by-step on how to set up my Smart Plugs to go on at Sunset and off at 11PM?

Thank you!

Message 7 of 10
Contributor

I can not get my key lock or unlock the lock nor is my pen code is under locking the door.  The door will lock by touching the sensor on the lock

Message 8 of 10
Contributor

I am having trouble with my door lock, first my key will not lock or unlock the lock, second my pin code are not working to lock or unlock the lock.  The sensor will lock the lock.  I replace the batteries.

Message 9 of 10
Community Support

@mitchpc   Hello. Have you logged into the app and checked to see if you can control via the app and if that works to lock and unlock? What happens when you try to use the key? If you are saying that the door lock will lock when you touch the sensor, then it should be working with the key as well as it doesn't sound like its jammed. Can  you please remove the batteries and ensure that you placed them correctly? I have seen where one battery placed the incorrect way can cause issues. Am needing a little more info please. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support