Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Camera Is Offline - 26 hours after install

Highlighted

Camera Is Offline - 26 hours after install

I had digital life installed yesterday and everything was working fine. 26 hours later, I left home and now my camera is offline. I've returned home and attempted everything. The power cord, I have unplugged and waited 10 seconds, twice. I rebooted the main unit. I called customer service and they did a "software update" to no avail. The camera and the power plug are both hardwired into the modem. I can see the the power plug and only two lights are lit. The light that says PLC link is not lit. Can anyone assist before having to have a tech dispatched? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 8
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by DL_USER_FL
‎05-24-2016 4:38 PM

Re: Camera Is Offline - 26 hours after install

I have solved my own problem. On the white power adapter plugged into the main control unit (HPAV-100 Cisco) there is a button on the top that says "pairing". Hold that button down until the green power light begins blinking. Then walk over to the white power adapter plugged into the wall powering the camera. There is a clear button on the side that says "security". Simply press that button and the PLC light will light up on it as well the main unit. Give the camera a second to find an ip and then you will see your camera back online. 

Here is my concern as a brand new user... How often will something like this happen? What caused this issue to happen? If this is frequent, that doesn't assist with my piece of mind in the event I am away and something happens. 

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8

I had a similar issue. My front camera would just randomly go offline. At one point the issue seemed to clear itself up. The tech eventually came out anyway and replaced the PoE (power supply) for the camera.  There appears to be a couple of different devices.  He gave me a different model and it had something to do with the local broadband connection.  I don't know what that means, but I have not had any trouble with the camera since.

Message 3 of 8

cameras are for your own monitoring purposes they are not part of security. yes they should not become unpaired but they do occasionally best advice i can give is to purchase additional cameras with dvr and there is still no guarantee they will not stop working on occasion which is rare but again it happens.
Message 4 of 8

Do what? They are absolutely for security. In the event there is an intrusion, the camera is an integral part in identifying the intruder and gives a piece of tangible evidence to the authorities. Furthermore, should there be a knock at the door and myself or my family is upstairs, they have the ability to look and see who it is without opening the door to a complete stranger. I think you're missing the point here. I've had no issues since, when this was originally posted, I was a new user 26 hours after install. I had no idea if this was a frequent problem or why this randomly took place. I was certainly justified in asking more experience users who may have encountered a similar problem.
Message 5 of 8

all i was saying is they are not considered by att as a life security device they are what they classify them as life style device because they do not monitor them. that being said glad your issue was fixed.
Message 6 of 8

And what I'm saying is; I don't believe your comment adds any assistance or value to the discussion. Therefore, it wasn't needed. I see you're new to this board and I'm not sure if you're an actual digital life user or disgruntled customer. If you have nothing to add to a discussion as a user or you are seeking assistance in a certain area as a user, use the appropriate channels. Thanks!
Message 7 of 8

That’s a ridiculous answer

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support