Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Adding cameras to existing ATT Digital Life accout

Highlighted
Contributor

Adding cameras to existing ATT Digital Life accout

If I purchase an AT&T outdoor camera on my own from a neighbor who no longer is using the system can it be installed by an AT&T technician?

Message 1 of 14
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDigitalLifeCS
‎09-10-2018 7:22 AM

Re: Adding cameras to existing ATT Digital Life accout

@Dfav4d1  Hello. Unfortunately, we will not install them as we cannot guarantee the working condition and we cannot provide any type of warranty on them. Do you currently have any outdoor cameras or indoor cameras with your system? I am going to send you a private message. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also purchased an additional outdoor camera from someone who used to have DigitalLife. I currently have DigitalLife with 2 cameras. I was hoping someone on here could help me with pairing it to my system. Im an att outside technician looking for a DigitalLife tech to walk me through it. Thx

Message 3 of 14
Community Support

@Anonymous  Hello. Is this for an indoor or outdoor camera?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outdoor camera
Message 5 of 14
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Digital Assistant (Digital Assistant)
Accepted by ATTForumsBot
‎12-11-2019 9:04 AM

@Anonymous  Hello. Unfortunately, we will not install them as we cannot guarantee the working condition and we cannot provide any type of warranty on them. If you had purchased one from Digital Life directly, a technician would need to come and install it as there is not a way for a customer to install and pair them to the system themselves.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

8C14B48D-F815-4458-ACF0-2578EECEC8CA.jpeg

So even though I purchased a att DigitalLife camera that’s just like one I already have, there’s no way I or a technician can pair it up to my system?

Message 7 of 14
Community Support

@Anonymous Unfortunately, that is correct. Due to us not being able to warranty them or guarantee the working condition.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long is a regular warranty on equipment installed by a technician?
Message 9 of 14
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTDigitalLifeCS
‎11-27-2018 9:04 AM

@Anonymous  Our equipment has a lifetime warranty when purchased thru Digital Life and installed by a Digital Life technician.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. Thanks for all of your time/info. Have a good day!
Message 11 of 14
Community Support

@Anonymous You are more than welcome! Have a good day as well!

Message 12 of 14

FYI: You need The Y injection cable & the Poe

1. Open you DLC100 from the top by turning the safety screw and using a flat head screw driver on the security tap at the top of the DLC to pop it open .

2. Plug your outdoor camera into the the y cable 

where it says Camera 

3. Plug the the yellow y lan cable into the Poe

4. Plug the data lan y cable into the DLC 100 modem , use the middle slot on the modem 

5. call digital life support center and have them put your DLC into discovery mode , 

open up your Portal app and wait for it to come online with the Support on the phone with you, they will let you know it has been discovered .

6. unplug the camera from the dlc and discard the

Y injection cable. But don’t throw it away , you might need it in the future.

7. Close your DLC and make sure it clicks when closing the front panel to make sure all tamper switches are pushed back in place & then tighten the safety screw.

8. Go mount your camera we’re you would like it

and plug it into the Poe you used to discover it.

10. Enjoy your new camera with your other cameras in your Camera Package for $9.99 additional a month from AT&T 

no DLT needed for self instal is complete

Thank the Support Tech for putting your DLC into discovery mode for you, They have the best Support team around.

you just need The support team to put your DLC into discovery mode a Poe and the Y injector cable 

to make it happen.

keep in mind theirs no warranty on that camera

you just installed ! It’s better to buy from them and get the lifetime warranty . 

sincerely Ex Lead Digital Life Tech 

Norcal.  

the pdf is correct the only difference is the modem your plugging into is inside the DLC https://my-digitallife.att.com/content/dam/Support/device-installation/Outdoor%20Camera.pdf

ps: Disregard the black power cable if it came with it your using a Poe to power the camera and transfer the data. All in one lan cable, now that’s 
pretty Bad A?? 👊🏾

At&t Digital Life is Awesome! 

Message 13 of 14

You need the y cable & the Poe

1. Open you DLC 100 from the top by turning the safety screw and using a flat head screw driver on the security tap on the top to pop it open .

2. Plug your outdoor camera into the the y cable 

where it says Camera 

3. Plug the the yellow y lan cable into the Poe

4. Plug the data lan y cable into the DLC 100 modem 

5. call digital life support center and have them put your DLC into discovery mode , 

open up your Portal app and wait for it to come online with the Support on the phone with you, they will let you know it has been discovered .

6. unplug the camera from the dlc and discard the

y injection cable

7. Close your DLC and make sure it clicks when closing to make sure all tamper switches are pushed back in & then tighten the safety screw.

8. Go mount your camera we’re you would like it

and plug it into the Poe you used to discover it.

10. Enjoy your new camera with your others cameras in your Camera Package for $9.99 additional a month from AT&T 

no DLT needed for self instal complete

you just need support to put your DLC into discovery mode a Poe and the Y injector cable 

keep in mind theirs no warranty on that camera

you just installed !

sincerely Ex Lead Digital Life Tech 

Norcal.  

the pdf is correct the only difference is the modem your plugging into is inside the DLC https://my-digitallife.att.com/content/dam/Support/device-installation/Outdoor%20Camera.pdf

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Get a PopSocket stocking stuffer on us* - Learn How
Additional Assistance Needed?
Additional Support