Get the myAT&T app
Oscar1987zp's profile

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

Tuesday, January 5th, 2016 8:57 PM

my phone was stolen!=(

now I don't have anything to communicate with, and not to receive calls either, my concern lays on the fact the device was not insured, and also I was barely on the fourth installment, so I know I have to pay off the phone anyways, there is another fact whoever it is the thief, probably is using my data plan, or whatever it is. there is no any sort of way to resolve  this issue?

Cat Indifferent

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

Contact AT&T immediately and have them blacklist your phone and disable your SIM.

Blacklisting the phone will make the phone unusable on any system and disabling the SIM will make sure that no one uses your plan's data or minutes.

But it would be a good way to find the thief by tracking who they are calling and texting.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

Yes, you can recover your line on your account with a new phone and sim card. the phone is blacklisted, not your account. If you would happen to get your phone back, you could get it taken off of the blacklist and use it again. but would still need a new sim card. Once a sim is deactivated, it cannot be reactivated.

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

8 years ago

cool thanks,. but once the line is in blacklist, I can recover the same line again?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

how do I go about reporting my phone being stolen?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.