Get the myAT&T app
Babssheath's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015 3:12 PM

iPhone 6 after update voice mail issue : won't record or play

Totally non responsive. I touch play. Nothing. I touch record, nothing.

This IPhone 6 was freezing before the update and I paid for extra memory.

Of course I turned completely off and then turned on again. Same result.
Help!

Accepted Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @Babssheath

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with Visual Voicemail since your software update; I’d be glad to help you out!

First reset your network settings:

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Please bear in mind that any saved Wi-Fi passwords will be deleted and you will have to re-add them.

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi there.

I'm having the same issue. When I try to play the message it the play icon shifts to pause as if the message will play, but the the progress bar doesn't move and the message doesn't play. This has been an issue for some time and so far usually, at some point it will eventually play when I randomly try to play it again, but it could be several days before it responds. I've simply been calling people back when I know the contact, but when it's an unfamiliar number it's a real problem. I've rebooted the phone (iPhone 6 with latest software) with no better response and I've reset my network settings as you've instructed here - no dice. Help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Same issue here too.

I see the voicemails show up but when I tap them to see the play options it immediately closes before I can actually tap anything. Sometimes it will let me tap the voicemail and even tap play but after playing for like 2 seconds it stops and then closes again. Very frustrating.

I've done EVERYTHING to try and fix this. I even went to the Apple Store and worked with once of their Genius support guys. He had me totally wipe my phone and set it up as a new phone -and NOT restore from backup. He said that the issue probably was related to a corrupt OS image and that each time I kept restoring from iCloud it just kept reinstalling the bad image. He told me the only way to prevent me from reinstalling the corrupt image was to configure the iPhone as a new phone. This meant that all of my settings were gone and I had to redownload all of my apps, configure mail, theme, ringer options even reorganize all of my apps into my desired folders which are usually all setup and organized when I restore from iCloud backup.

None of this has worked. Please help.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Same issue here with my iPhone 7 128GB. Very weird and annoying.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I was only able to get this resolved by calling AT&T tech support. They did a "patch update" over the network, then I rebooted my iPhone 7 by holding the power button & volume down button for 5-10 seconds.

He said the patch update basically reregisters the SIM card on the AT&T network.

Glad it's fixed.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks so much! I try to avoid calling for tech help for obvious reasons, but I'll definitely give it a shot if this worked for you. I mean, sometimes you REALLY don't want to have to call the person back unless you need to. 😉 And sometimes, you really want to keep that funy/stupid/sweet message rather than delete it in frustration after returning the call. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

NOT sure why ATT doesn't just send all iPhone 6's,iPhone6s's and iPhone7's the "over the network patch", than simply send a text message saying "we have repaired an error with our networkt reboot your iphone blah blah blah" and fixed. But they're such a big company in all aspects of business they'd rather just let us wait on hold for 28 minutes(current hold time as I write this) speak to someone in Atlanta that has to verify the account for 20 minutes, ask if they can share my information, than transfer me to tech support. Hold for tech support for another 45 minutes. Than get disconnected and try again tomorrow. I'd go to T mobile if they had a better network. I'm so tired of this nonsense.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Short term work around I've found is to text the voice message to yourself (you can do this from the Voicemail inbox area for each individual message).  This allowed me to listen to a voicemail I needed to hear before I would have the time to call AT&T.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

OK. I finally got mine working. You will have to do one of two things:

Either:

1. Reset your voicemail password.
  2. Reset your voicemail -like, entirely. You need to call up AT&T for this.

I hope this solution provides relief to others plagued with the same issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.