iPhone 4 FaceTime only on WiFI?

Teacher

iPhone 4 FaceTime only on WiFI?

Was wondering how come iPhone 4 can only use FaceTime over a WiFi connection? Any words?
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
Mentor

Re: iPhone 4 FaceTime only on WiFI?

I found this article from Apple:  

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5457

It definitely cannot use Facetime over cellular, even if you had a qualifying plan.  It doesn't give an exact reason.  My guess would be either the cellular radio or the processor won't allow it.  

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Contributor

I have a 4s and unlimited data plan and it still won't allow it. I can stream Netflix hbo tv stations and movies over cellular, even Skype! But FaceTime won't work:/
Message 3 of 6
Expert

Sarla wrote:
I have a 4s and unlimited data plan and it still won't allow it. I can stream Netflix hbo tv stations and movies over cellular, even Skype! But FaceTime won't work:/

att has a press release that facetime will be available to ALL users by the end of 2013, so patience is needed at the moment.

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Can you provide a link or reference to the press release, please?

Message 5 of 6
Contributor

wingrider01 wrote:

Sarla wrote:

att has a press release that facetime will be available to ALL users by the end of 2013, so patience is needed at the moment.

<<<<==== This is me holding my breath....

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support