Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 20, 2013
6:43:17 PM
View profile
iPhone 4 FaceTime only on WiFI?
Was wondering how come iPhone 4 can only use FaceTime over a WiFi connection? Any words?
Was wondering how come iPhone 4 can only use FaceTime over a WiFi connection? Any words?
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 25, 2013 11:09:02 PM
(0)
Mentor

I found this article from Apple:  

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5457

It definitely cannot use Facetime over cellular, even if you had a qualifying plan.  It doesn't give an exact reason.  My guess would be either the cellular radio or the processor won't allow it.  

Accepted Solution

iPhone 4 FaceTime only on WiFI?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 25, 2013 11:09:02 PM
(0)
Mentor

It definitely cannot use Facetime over cellular, even if you had a qualifying plan.  It doesn't give an exact reason.  My guess would be either the cellular radio or the processor won't allow it.  

Re: iPhone 4 FaceTime only on WiFI?

2 of 6 (8,666 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2013 7:55:19 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have a 4s and unlimited data plan and it still won't allow it. I can stream Netflix hbo tv stations and movies over cellular, even Skype! But FaceTime won't work:/
I have a 4s and unlimited data plan and it still won't allow it. I can stream Netflix hbo tv stations and movies over cellular, even Skype! But FaceTime won't work:/

3 of 6 (7,784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2013 6:29:37 AM
(0)
Expert

Sarla wrote:

att has a press release that facetime will be available to ALL users by the end of 2013, so patience is needed at the moment.

Sarla wrote:

att has a press release that facetime will be available to ALL users by the end of 2013, so patience is needed at the moment.

4 of 6 (7,762 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2013 3:39:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

Can you provide a link or reference to the press release, please?

Can you provide a link or reference to the press release, please?

5 of 6 (7,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 5:40:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

wingrider01 wrote:

Sarla wrote:

<<<<==== This is me holding my breath....

wingrider01 wrote:

Sarla wrote:

<<<<==== This is me holding my breath....

6 of 6 (5,899 Views)