Get the myAT&T app
imciarra's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Sunday, April 21st, 2013 1:43 AM

iPhone 4 FaceTime only on WiFI?

Was wondering how come iPhone 4 can only use FaceTime over a WiFi connection? Any words?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

I found this article from Apple:  

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5457

It definitely cannot use Facetime over cellular, even if you had a qualifying plan.  It doesn't give an exact reason.  My guess would be either the cellular radio or the processor won't allow it.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have a 4s and unlimited data plan and it still won't allow it. I can stream Netflix hbo tv stations and movies over cellular, even Skype! But FaceTime won't work:/

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Sarla wrote:
I have a 4s and unlimited data plan and it still won't allow it. I can stream Netflix hbo tv stations and movies over cellular, even Skype! But FaceTime won't work:/

att has a press release that facetime will be available to ALL users by the end of 2013, so patience is needed at the moment.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Can you provide a link or reference to the press release, please?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@Sarla wrote:

att has a press release that facetime will be available to ALL users by the end of 2013, so patience is needed at the moment.

<<<<==== This is me holding my breath....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.