Get the myAT&T app
DWC1's profile

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 1:16 PM

iOS 12 Wifi calling stopped working

Upon upgrade to iOS 12 today WIFI calling no longer works.  I checked all the settings and it's configured correctly.  It worked perfectly prior to the upgrade.   The upgrade installed new carrier settings 33.1.   Any tips or is this a bug?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Yes 33.2 fixes the wifi calling problem. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

If your router has 5.2g wifi, try wifi calling with 5.2g network.  I had the same problem.  wifi calling suddenly stop working.  By chance I switch my network to 5.2g and wifi calling become active again.  It worked for me.  Hopefully it will work for you.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Just to add my $0.02.

My Phone

iPhone 8 running latest version of iOS 12

Carrier Settings = 33.2

Wi-Fi calling no longer works. I noticed this with the last iOS 11.x upgrade too and, I think, the carrier settings were 33.1 but I can't be 100% certain about that.

When I tap carrier it changes from "33.2" to “SMS”

My Wife's Phone

iPhone 8 running latest version of iOS 12

Carrier Settings = 33.0

Wi-Fi calling still works.

I didn't see what happens when I tap carrier on my wife's phone but I assume it's "voice and SMS" (I can check that later)

I have tried almost everything falling short of restoring to factory default settings. Two identical phones with the same OS but different carrier settings kinda proves that this is an AT&T issue. I know this has nothing to do with my home network as I have the exact same problems at work.

Is there a way to revert back from 33.2 to 33.0 because that would appear to be the fix for me. I see other people reporting success with the 33.2 upgrade but not for me.

AT&T -- get this fixed!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

After upgrading to iOS 12.1 I got new carrier settings and things seem to be working now. I tested by switching to airplane mode, which worked, and I will try again later where I have no cell coverage.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

My carrier settings are version 34.0

Upgraded to ios 12.1 today - still working.

Try upgrading to 12.1 and the carrier settings will likely update as well

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

In the latest public beta, which I almost refused to install because of this debacle, the latest carrier update is bumped to 34.5.2. Without release notes, impossible to know what’s changing, but the reality is it is changing. I feel like I’m playing Russian roulette now every time I update iOS. WiFi calling is a disaster zone. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’ve tried all the tips to fix this issue & it will work for a couple of phone calls then stop working when I change Wi-Fi signals. Very frustrating!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue here with the following

Iphone X

At&T 33.2 "Voice & SMS"

I work offshore so this is the only way I can communicate to android users over wifi. Frustrating that it isn't working. I can randomly get a text to go through but I am not understanding why it works sometimes. Restarting the phone, placing in airplane mode, etc.. nothing allows me to text/call non iphone users.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

@raywt0

You should be on v34 if phone updated to IOS 12.1. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just got off the phone with ATT, this fixed the issue for me:

iPhone Xr

iOS 12.1

ATT 34.0

If you enable WiFi calling through Settings / Cellular the enable will not hold

If you If you enable WiFi calling through Settings / Phone enable will hold

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.