For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
DWC1's profile

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 1:16 PM

iOS 12 Wifi calling stopped working

Upon upgrade to iOS 12 today WIFI calling no longer works.  I checked all the settings and it's configured correctly.  It worked perfectly prior to the upgrade.   The upgrade installed new carrier settings 33.1.   Any tips or is this a bug?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

My problem has been solved!

Picked up my new iPhone today - the AT&T carrier settings were version 33.0. My other phone downloaded version 33.1 when I did the upgrade to ios 12. It is clear that the inability to use wifi calling is related to the carrier setting version. I will call AT&T support today and let them know.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I still have 33.0 and its working. So are you saying it’s the 33.1? Its now asking me to update my carrier settings and now im afraid too…

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

6 years ago

Great news!  I just got a carrier update to 33.2 and it instantly fixed the problem!   You can force it by going to Settings-->General-->About and it should prompt for it. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

The 12.1 public beta is on 33.5.2. 

There’s nothing said afaik relative to release notes  😄

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I updated from 33.0 to 33.2 (the new update) and all is well. I think it was just 33.1 that messed things up.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I'm working again also on 33.2.

Thank goodness.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just got 33.2 but still not working... When you guys check the carrier version in Settings>General>About>Carrier. Is it showing "AT&T 33.2". When you click it, the text "Carrier" changes to "IMS Status" and the value changes to SMS. This is quite strange to me. Looks like I've got an strange 33.2 version?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

When I tap carrier it changes from 33.2 to “voice and SMS”

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

I noticed that as well and is pretty vague. 

But if a carrier update setting is available, a pop up will happen. In your case it turns out the settings are up to date. 

When iOS 12.1 gets released, a new carrier settings will come with it. 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Just got a Carrier Update and AT&T Wi-Fi calling is back!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.