Get the myAT&T app
DWC1's profile

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 1:16 PM

iOS 12 Wifi calling stopped working

Upon upgrade to iOS 12 today WIFI calling no longer works.  I checked all the settings and it's configured correctly.  It worked perfectly prior to the upgrade.   The upgrade installed new carrier settings 33.1.   Any tips or is this a bug?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

You have to turn off WiFi calling. Turn on airplane mode. Go make a call. It will ask you to turn on WiFi calling. Tap allow, go back and turn off airplane mode. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Yes - I’ve done all the steps short if a factory reset. Im wondering if it’s related to the carrier setting

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

6 years ago

I have tried all the resets with no resolution.  I have a second iPhone with Verizon that did not have this problem.  I know of at least 7 other people all on AT&T that have the same issue with wifi calling disabled after the upgrade to iOS 12. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks. Just tried that and I’m still not connecting to wi-fi calling.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Tried everything including the full reset. Had to fall back to 11.4.1. It also dropped me back to Carrier AT&T 32.0.1, Wifi calling now working

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

how do you downgrade from ios 12 back to ios 11.4?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

Hopefully one of the tech reporting sites will pick up this issue and do a story on it to get some needed attention.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

When I activate wi fi calling and put my phone on airplane mode and try to make a call the phone i Get a message asking me to connect to a network even though I am already connected to a network

Master

• 

2.4K Messages

6 years ago

I definitely got new carrier settings when the problem started which I assume AT&T is mostly responsible for.   Apple says to contact AT&T about this but AT&T techs don't have the ability to diagnose this.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201270

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

The AT&T tech I spoke with said that they had a "few" complaints like ours
and that they would get back to me on Monday. Meanwhile, I pick up a new
iPhone today - once I restore it from an iCloud backup I'm sure the problem
will be on the new phone.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.