Explore & discover

Helpful Links

can't unlock Samsung S5 that I moved to consumer cellular

Contributor

can't unlock Samsung S5 that I moved to consumer cellular

To whom it may concern,

I have a Samsung S5 that my wife previously used on AT&T that I am now using on Consumer Cellular. Unfortunately, some of the features do not work because it is still locked to AT&T. I tried going to the AT&T portal and it will not process my request because it is active on another AT&T account. Consumer Cellular said to contact you, and so I am. What do I do?

Thank you for your assistance.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: can't unlock Samsung S5 that I moved to consumer cellular

those other features wont work even if the phone gets unlocked.  The hotspot is hard coded to ATT the wifi calling is hard coded to att.  All a unlocked phone has to do is make calls and texts and its unlocked.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: can't unlock Samsung S5 that I moved to consumer cellular

Not using hotspot.

Not using wifi calling.

But basic features such as call forwarding and such are not working.  When I try to set those parameters the device sits on "Reading settings" for a nice long while when going into Call forwarding section.  It eventually tells me that "Failed to read data Network or SIM card error." Can't change anything.

@ATTCares posted this: https://forums.att.com/t5/Other-Phones-Devices/Unlock-AT-amp-T-phone-for-use-on-consumer-cellular/td...

So I should be able to accomplish what I want and see if it alleviates the problem.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support