Get the myAT&T app
mrotkis's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 8th, 2018 8:48 PM

can't unlock Samsung S5 that I moved to consumer cellular

To whom it may concern,

I have a Samsung S5 that my wife previously used on AT&T that I am now using on Consumer Cellular. Unfortunately, some of the features do not work because it is still locked to AT&T. I tried going to the AT&T portal and it will not process my request because it is active on another AT&T account. Consumer Cellular said to contact you, and so I am. What do I do?

Thank you for your assistance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

those other features wont work even if the phone gets unlocked.  The hotspot is hard coded to ATT the wifi calling is hard coded to att.  All a unlocked phone has to do is make calls and texts and its unlocked.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Not using hotspot.

Not using wifi calling.

But basic features such as call forwarding and such are not working.  When I try to set those parameters the device sits on "Reading settings" for a nice long while when going into Call forwarding section.  It eventually tells me that "Failed to read data Network or SIM card error." Can't change anything.

@ATTCares posted this: https://forums.att.com/t5/Other-Phones-Devices/Unlock-AT-amp-T-phone-for-use-on-consumer-cellular/td-p/5215921

So I should be able to accomplish what I want and see if it alleviates the problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.