For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
OnnaGeisha's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 15th, 2013 1:34 AM

Will the Samsung Galaxy S4 from UK be compatible with LTE in the US?

How can I take advantage of LTE on my Samsung Galaxy S4 purchased in the UK? I recently got a sim card for my S4 from AT&T and it is saying that it is under HSPA but I was told it is LTE compatible. The model number is GT-i9505 for this UK version. I understand this will be under non-certified services which will not allow certain features but that it is at least LTE compatible. It works fine with HSPA but I'm wondering if I need to update anything with my plan and services or the phone itself to make it fully LTE.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

349 Messages

10 years ago

Hello OnnaGeisha,

From my understanding (I can only rely on official documentation available online), the UK version of the Samsung Galaxy S 4 (GT-i9505) is LTE-capable. Unfortunately, it does not support the 700MHz or 1700MHz frequencies that AT&T uses to transmit their LTE service.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for clarifying julywashere. That's correct, some wireless network operators utilise different GSM frequencies and not all phones, even when looking at similar models, might be compatible.

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hey, I was searching the ATT site for LTE frequencies and I found the link below

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB113269#fbid=NAddVBWYzMe

It lists the spported frequences to be 700/1700/2100MHz bands and not just 700/1700. How can I verify that the 2100Mhz frequency is supported? Samsung Note 3 N9005 version has that frequency (the non ATT one) if so I can then use it in the US and Europe with local sims.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

The link you provided it to official support article, the information in there is correct and I would say no further verification should be needed. Thank you for pointing it out BTW.

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.