Get the myAT&T app
Jayalesea's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 21st, 2016 3:34 AM

Will hd voice be available for htc 10

I read somewhere that if htc 10 is connected to at&t sevice, hd voice will not be available to that model phone. How crazy is that if it is true. You negotiate with htc and google at the customer's expense. So if it is true that hd voice will not be offered to htc 10 phones that's grounds for changing carriers. Why would I buy a $700 (htc 10) and not use a key feature such as hd voice? Stupid decision overall not to carry htc 10. I will have to switch carriers because you at&t didn't look out for your customer's best interest.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

HD voice is available to ATT phones that meet the software requirements.  

Non ATT phones will never get wifi calling or HD voice, which is a carrier feature.

The exception is iPhone, which is a closed system and not altered by carrier software.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for your reply. I consider the it corporate red tape that's the cause. Unfortunately the most efficient and effective way to provide me the service I desire is to change carriers. I'll even have an option to purchase the phone on installments plus get discounts.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Hi there.  I saw this post and just had to reply.  I have an unlocked HTC 10 and am using it with AT&T, and I will tell you that I do indeed have VoLTE!  It works great and is definitely supported via the HTC 10 on AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Care to post your data menu... show us enhanced lte services in the menu.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

(Edited) See included image...

Screenshot_20160628-170435.png

1 Attachment

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

My guess is htc is doing 3g for voice like they did with the phones of yester year.  Here is what my menu looks like.

Screenshot_20160628-192538.png

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Here's a screenshot of making a call.  Notice the 4G LTE symbol is still showing (LTE is lined up vertically next to 4G)?  Normally, it would drop down to regular 4G if not activated.

Screenshot_20160628-173315.png

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Your getting volte but not hdvoice. You will never see wifi calling advance messaging or anything else att outs under that

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Well, VoLTE sounds great, and I know that some of my calls have shown up as "HD" within the AT&T system.  The service agents had told me when I had questions about my phone.  I don't know what their definition of HD exactly means, but VoLTE is great nonetheless. 

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76, HD voice is supported under all phones running fairly recent versions of Android, including the HTC 10.  "HD voice" is just AMR-WB, which is a wideband codec used for audio on mobile phones.  There's nothing special about the codec.  So if Tango has VoLTE at all (and the HTC 10 does support it, it's been proven multiple times on various forums), then HD voice will work when applicable.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.