Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Wifi calling will not set up

Teacher

Wifi calling will not set up

Samsung S8 just says try and set up wifi calling later.  Will not set up no matter where I am even with strong wifi.  Tried all suggestions including airplane mode,  clearing cache partition and reset network connections.  Recently updated to pie but not sure if that is when it broke.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Sage

Re: Wifi calling will not set up

Which model number?  Which carrier was it originally sold for?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Teacher

SM-G950UAT&TWorked fine previously #- Please type your reply above this line -##Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Sage

Reset network settings.  And then call AT&T.  There are a few posts about Wifi calling disabled.  None have posted if it were solved.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Staleyjeff
‎05-22-2019 6:05 AM

Solved by:

Turn off phone

Remove SIM card

Restart phone

Reset network settings

Turn off

Replace SIM

Restart phone

Problem solved.

Thx to board contributor since ATT was no help.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
Tutor

Thank you! I did a simplified version if the anove steps in this post.

I just turned off Note 9, removed SIM, turned on, waited for wifi to connect, put SIM back in and hit the Wifi Calling icon in the status/ notifications area at the top. After days of trying other things, that was what got my wi-fi calling back. 

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support