For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
DomoRage's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, October 9th, 2015 4:09 PM

Why is Wi-Fi calling only on Iphone with IOS 9?

Galaxy S4 S5  S6 have been supporting this feature for years now! Thank god this feature finally came out and im glad they arranged a trading ageement with T-Mobile. But i still have horrible reception and need this in order to work.

But why go through the trouble of setting this up only on Iphones first, which are not open source. Wouldn't it be easy to set this up on the Galaxy series as well? 

Or do IPhone users get special privilages for purchasing overprices out dated hardware?

Best Regards,

IPhone hater from florida!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

you will also have to notice that it only works on the iphone 6 and 6s series of phones.  I think ATT looked at this as a good way to test it since iOS is a closed platform.

I dont think you will see wifi calling for phones released before 2015 and I dont think it will be allowed on unlocked unbranded android devices either.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

You mean controlled and monopolized platform?

Been around since Cingular Wireless and this company seems to be going to down the drain and screwing its customers over. With imaginary fee's that are not necessary. 

Don't tell me im wrong cause i have friends who work at ATT.

With ridiculous cell phone bills and service quality has dropped over the years.

Might be time to change once I’m out of the contract nonsense.

What a shame to have an up to date phone and can't even us it to its full capabilities, and on top of that I receive the phone with tons of bloatware and ATT garbage APPs that nobody cares to use.

And support is a joke now and days, I have a problem with my phone and store is useless and told me to go to a service center. What kind of customer service is that when I have warranty on my phone and I proved in person the phone is defective! which i pay for!

I’m going to simply pay off the phone, unlock it and let someone else get scammed and go to a non-contract provider and get a phone like the Nexus p6 unlocked and not have to worry about a provider ruining a phone before it gets into my hands. and actually give me service and replace the phone overnight no questions asked.

And google does instant updates and won’t have to wait for provider to tweak it to there liking and then give it out to the general public.

And the list goes on from the money hungry corporation!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

My Nexus 6 supports wifi calling and HD Voice but because I didn't get it through AT&T, I won't be able to use any of those features it seems like. That's not right, it's the same device that they sell but I got it cheaper through Amazon.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

I have an att nexus 6 and don't get those features lol...

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Welcome to the world of ATT limitations at its finest!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@DomoRage wrote:

Welcome to the world of ATT limitations at its finest!

oh please stop the drama!  LOL

Verizon has just started to allow non verizon phones like the moto pure 2015 on there network.  Every network is going to have limitations.  Those att apps we all hate on our phones must make money or they wouldnt spend money making them.  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Google Fi! doesnt have any of those issues!

Good for them if it makes them money! For people who actually know how to use a smart phone dont want it. shouldnt be forced to have it. There is other ways to make money besides forcing people to do what you want. Just saying.

It's not drama there facts about ATT.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

its not google fi....  its project fi and I have it on a nexus 6 right now.  But it takes months to get an invite.  got mine in august.  Works great if tmo and sprint have coverage in your area.  Tmo works like crapola at my house but sprint is fine.  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

So you are using Project Fi and ATT service?  how do they differ in your area? How long ago did you request it? I asked an invite about a month ago and i get an invite in a few days. But im stuck in a contact so theres nothing i can do.

Florida in fort lauderdale tons of dead zones atm. why didnt you get device from google play store and ATT nerfed one with bloat ware?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

project fi works but in IL tmobile has to many 2g areas.  But if your in the city the service is great.  Sprints service is just that sprint slow and laggy.  Phone calls on sprint work fine but data speeds stink.

Yes my N6 is the ATT version.  I just bought an unlock code for 10 bucks and works like a charm.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.