ATTKevin's profile

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

Friday, January 6th, 2017 11:35 PM

Who Is Calling Me? - Protect Yourself with AT&T Call Protect

Call Protect.png

Hello Community!

I’m excited to announce the latest tool in our family of apps designed to protect you from unwanted (and potentially fraudulent) calls.

Keep reading for more information.

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

You will need to create a different logon using your phone number, not your husband's number so that it will show correctly.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Can AT&T confirm that information disclosed by AT&T to Hiya consists only of end to end connection information such as incoming and outgoing phone numbers?

Beyond this, what other personal information (such as my phone number) might AT&T disclose to Hiya?

I’m very concerned about the amount of my contacts and other information that will or could be released to Hiya, AT&T Call Protect’s support vendor, particularly since the Hiya privacy policy is very scary (https://hiya.com/hiya-data-policy#sec1).  It goes way beyond anything I found in the AT&T Call Protect agreement.

AT&T Call Protect T's of S and EULA agreement paragraph 2.8 Consent to Disclose states that “... AT&T may disclose information regarding your AT&T wireless account, including call detail information, to our supplier, Hiya. Call detail information may include inbound and outbound phone calls, calling and called numbers, time and duration of calls, and whether you answer or end those calls.”.  I have no problem consenting to this agreement if these statements correctly identify the only information AT&T releases to Hiya.

I cannot agree to the Hiya terms and conditions since very clearly states that Hiya will not only collect vast amount of my person and contact information, but that it will use this information to my full contact info, my social networking info and relationships, and any third-party info they chose.  And that Hiya will release my personal information in any manner and for any purpose it chooses.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

7 years ago

Why does Hiya need all that personal info if they are only blocking numbers and creating a spam list?

Mentor

• 

110 Messages

7 years ago

Today, the Call Protect iOS App isn't showing calls I'm receiving when I open the app and refresh.  I've received 2 calls today, but the app is saying the last call I received was on Thursday.   The app used to show calls pretty much right after I received them, but it's been over an hour and they aren't showing up.

Is there an issue with the call log not updating today?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had AT&T purchased me a Phone I was promised to have a receive to me in two days courtesy shipping is been over a month and a half now and I have not received the phone was absolutely ridiculous that I have not received my phone yet is the phone that I wanted the phone I was originally promised I declined the phone because it would make it easier for AT&T so I would like the LGG6 replaced in order to get the phone I'm not going to set up for phone just to make agencies life easier when they took a month and a half to send me a phone and I still have not received the phone can you please contact me at *** thank you very much bye

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

In setting up Call Protect on my new LG G6, I get "your phone is not eligible"?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I enter my phone number for the verification pin, and then there is no button to submit it, so there I sit, unable to leave the verification screen. Any help, please?

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

How do I enable Call Protect from the MyAT&T website?  The FAQ says this is possible, but I can't seem to find this option.  https://www.att.com/offers/call-protect.html  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

I have an update thanks to another user using a creative hack.  Not only has the app gotten easier to use, no longer requires a user name for each number and account, but the service can be activated with a qualifying phone, then a non qualifying phone put in its place. Edit, phone must be HD voice capable. Non ATT phones still do not work
Since the app claims to work on the network level, it should work even though my phone is not HD voice compatible with Att.  Used a Samsung GS7 to activate.  Will test and report back.
https://forums.att.com/t5/Device-Features/Call-Protect-for-Non-Supported-Devices/m-p/5190306#M14292

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Why isn't this built into our phones options like caller id or call forwarding?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.