Get the myAT&T app
therealdap's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 12:32 AM

Where is the Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop update?

I just can't understand how a device that customers have paid a premium for is lagging behind so many others in being updated to the new software. I find it inconceivable that its been a week since the phone the device that cost $100 less has been updated and we are still waiting. we stuck with the regular S5 we would have the update by now. And if none of us had chosen not to upgrade and all, our S4 would be updated to Lollipop as well.

It's good to see customer loyalty is resiprocated. This feels a lot like Sprint a decade ago. We all know how that turned out.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @therealdap

I’d be happy to help! AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S 5 Active (SM-G870A) on April 15, 2015. The update is available to customers to download via Firmware Over the Air (FOTA). Wi-Fi is required for update and the file size is 1.4GB. For more information, click here.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

actually this doesn't help at all. i keep checking for software updates and it tells me there are none available and to check back in 24 hours. still running kitkat 4.4.4. no lollipop in sight. even chatted with CS and they told to use Kies to update but that didn't work either. not sure if this is a Samsung, Android or ATT issue but all three can be rectified pretty quickly by getting a Windows phone from Verizon! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Actually you don't want the new Lollipop update.  

Unless you like 1/3 of the battery life and constant screen and program freezes.

I'd like to find a file I can download of the 5.0. android version which might possibly work, otherwise stay with the KitKat version if you like using your phone.

My phone freezes so bad with 5.1.x that it won't even let you answer the phone 75% of the time.

Very substandard FOTA failure that was just pushed out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.