Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Were sorry but this device has been blocked from network use

Tutor

Were sorry but this device has been blocked from network use

My phone keeps on saying this message everytime I call, and I can't receive calls or texts,  why? 

Message 1 of 19
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-03-2019 3:25 PM

Re: Were sorry but this device has been blocked from network use

That message means your phone was reported lost or stolen and has been blacklisted. It will not work on any carrier until removed from the blacklist and only whoever put the phone on the blacklist can remove it from the blacklist.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 19
Tutor

I already checked if it was reported and it isn't. 

Message 3 of 19
ACE - Sage

Checked with who? 

Becasue despite your check, the device is saying it’s blocked, which is the message given when blacklisted 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 19
Tutor

@lizdance40 how if I have the phone with me and I am the owner of the phone

Message 5 of 19
ACE - Sage

1.   Error

2.   Preowned phone

3.  Vindictive EX.

Again, how did you “check”?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 19
Tutor

@lizdance40 I got it brand new and I checked on a website

Message 7 of 19
ACE - Expert

Got it from where? Just because you bought it brand new does not mean it wasn’t stolen, especially if you bought online from a non trusted source. You may have been ripped off.

Message 8 of 19
Tutor

@sandblaster I bought it from Walmart

Message 9 of 19
ACE - Sage

@Josemba

If you bought a brand new phone from Walmart, why would you check it on a website to see if it were blacklisted?  

The logical first step if my phone stopped working would be to contact ATT, thinking they did something.  

You keep half answering questions.  What’s up with that?

Message 10 of 19
Tutor

@lizdance40 help me contact att without using my cell phone and I half answer some of your questions because I don't know the answer to them

Message 11 of 19
ACE - Sage

You can call from another AT&T phone , 611 or 1-800-331-0500.  

If you are postpaid you can use live chat.  

If you can’t call them or use chat, you have to go to the store. 

Message 12 of 19
Tutor

@lizdance40 thank you,  and what if I buy another phone and put the sim I'm using now in that phone will that message still appear

Message 13 of 19
Tutor

@lizdance40 yes or no

Message 14 of 19
ACE - Sage

Maybe.  In some cases the SIM card becomes associated with the stolen device.  But ATT can fix that easily by providing a new sim with your old account.

Message 15 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support