Get the myAT&T app
Josemba's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, October 20th, 2018 7:00 PM

Closed

Were sorry but this device has been blocked from network use

My phone keeps on saying this message everytime I call, and I can't receive calls or texts,  why? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

You can call from another AT&T phone , 611 or 1-800-331-0500.  

If you are postpaid you can use live chat.  

If you can’t call them or use chat, you have to go to the store. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 thank you,  and what if I buy another phone and put the sim I'm using now in that phone will that message still appear

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 yes or no

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Maybe.  In some cases the SIM card becomes associated with the stolen device.  But ATT can fix that easily by providing a new sim with your old account.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So I also receive this message, but only periodically and when it happens I contact the carrier customer support and it “fixes itself” for a short amount of time. I am also unable to swap carriers right now from a block that no one seems to be able to identify. I am the sole owner of my phone since I purchased it new.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Did you figure it out? I'm also having this problem & it's crazy. If it's blacklisted why does it work for an hour or two? As soon as I call about the problem from another phone it automatically starts working again. Please someone answer if you understand what is going on. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Tycobbn wrote:

Did you figure it out? I'm also having this problem & it's crazy. If it's blacklisted why does it work for an hour or two? As soon as I call about the problem from another phone it automatically starts working again. Please someone answer if you understand what is going on. 

There is noth8ng to “figure out”.  Your phone has been blacklisted.  It can’t be used on any carrier. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I get that, but why does it work for an hour or more after I call straight
talk to check my service from another phone? As soon as I call it will
start working again. It's been doing this for two weeks now. Shouldn't it
be totally blocked?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The guy saying it's blacklisted is 100% wrong. I've had the same issue and there are a range of issues that can cause this. It can be carrier locked but not blacklisted? it can be a SIM attachment issue, it can be a SIM defect issue, it can also be the SIM or carrier incompatibility. Blacklisted phones cannot be turned on for an hour or 2. You either have a phone shop flash/(Edited per community guidelines) it, or the original carrier unlock it, or fix the SIM issue. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.