Get the myAT&T app
tonyab1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, February 13th, 2015 11:27 PM

Voicemail too quick

Can someone please help me increase the time my phone rings before it goes to voicemail. I have a lumina 635 model. I tried some convoluting mumbers from one reply for a different phone but it did not work. Why does this have to be so difficult?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

I'm not sure what "convoluded numbers" you tried, so I don't know what impact you may have done.

IIRC, you can dial *#61# to get some information displayed about your current call forwarding settings are.  This would include the number your calls are forwarded to for voice mail.  When I check mine I get a couple screens worth of information about which types of incoming calls are forwarded (or not).

Through a different source, I have a call string:

**61*13175551212*11*30#

Where the "13175551212" number is the number my unansered voice calls are forwarded to from the "*#61#" screen, and the "30" right before the final '#' is a number from 5-30 in increments of 5 to indicate how many seconds before the call is forwarded to voice mail.  With my call string above, calls are sent to voice mail after 30 seconds of ringing.  If you change that last number to "10" then would be sent to voice mail after only 10 seconds of ringing.

Of course, if you get anything wrong, it's hard to tell what you might accidentally change...

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

9 years ago

My experience with this is a systematic forward to voicemail. You may have to call in or chat in and see if they can update your profile to extend the ringtime to the maximum. I attempted to see if there was anything via the online account process but there isn't from what I found. Hope this helps!

Best,

John C.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This is great, thankyou so much after reading this note I was able to
change my voicemail time to 30 seconds. I still cannot believe something so
basic should be so difficult, but then it is a new age we are living in.

Thanks once again from rescuing an old guy from frustration

--
Tony

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I set my father's voicemail up for him and now he doesn't want it.can I turn voice mail off??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

how do I set up my voice mail or turn it of and use the home device?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.