Get the myAT&T app
sam8988378's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 17th, 2018 9:54 PM

Visual voicemail uninstalled itself

First, after more than a month of disuse, I tried to access my voicemail.  Suddenly, after not having to do more than dial the number, I had to have a pin.  Several calls/employees, getting stood up by a supervisor who was supposed to call me the next day, 2 1/2 days later, my brother adding me as an authorized user yet again, being assured that my voicemail would not lose any calls when it was reset (and finding out that all but the last 5 calls - including messages I needed, WERE deleted y the reset), I was informed that I actually had visual voice mail.  I set it up and it worked fine for about 2 months. 

Now I try to access it and I'm getting the "welcome to setting up your visual voicemail", when I click on the icon.  It existed, worked fine, now it's as if it never was installed!  Of course all messages are once again gone!  What's going on?  I know it's not supposed to travel on its own.

I have a Samsung Galaxy s5, automatic updates are disabled.  How does this happen?  If I go through installing Visual Voicemail again, how can I rely on it to NOT uninstall itself again, taking my messages with it? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Now, it's back, and with some messages.  

I followed setup instructions, called my voicemail and instead of waiting for instructions for setting up visual voicemail I first had to deal with 2 waiting messages.  There was no option for dealing with them later. 

I then went to the Play Store, my apps.  It showed that visual voicemail was installed.  I opened it from the Play Store link, and it opened!  I went back to the icon.  Clicking on it led to the open visual voicemail screen.

I have no idea how this happened.  I don't know if I close Visual Voicemail, whether it will open next time or go into the installation screen.  Don't have the time to check this out now.  Knowing how this happened would be nice.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.