For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
AvictoriaE90's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 27th, 2015 6:20 PM

Up grade

Is it possible to combine two upgrades to make one big up grade?

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

9 years ago

What exactly are you trying to do?  Upgrades from two lines can't be combined to one line, but I don't know of a situation where that would be necessary in the first place.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Well to upgrade I still have to 450 for a new but I got brought a new phone 700 cash for my other line because it as no insurance so doesn't need it's upgrade I was tryin to see if I could use that upgrade along with mine to get a bigger discount for a newer phone

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

9 years ago

OK, you can't combine upgrades for what you want to do.  You would upgrade the line that doesn't need the phone and has a full upgrade available, then transfer the phone to your line.  The new two-year contract would remain on the other line.  The contract/upgrade eligibility on your line wouldn't be affected.

Depending on your current service plan, it may be better to buy another full-price phone or use Next to get the new phone.  If you are on a Mobile Share Value plan, you would probably do better not using the two-year contract.  If you are on a legacy plan, you would have to do the math to figure out which option is cheaper over two years.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.