Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlocked Note 10+/ Wifi Calling

Contributor

Unlocked Note 10+/ Wifi Calling

I bought a unlocked note 10+ from Samsung. I have been using and on a installment plan with XS Max and everything working, Wifi calling, mobile hotspot, visual voicemail. I put the sim card from iPhone to Note had ATT change IMEI and this is the error i get,

Oops!
We can't turn on Wi-Fi Calling for your account. Think this message is a mistake? Ask the person who can make account changes to call us. The number is 800.331.0500. (EDS0008)

SO can I use wifi calling or not on this phone with ATT.

-sidenote-

I have flashed ATT firmware on phone and it is an ATT device

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlocked Note 10+/ Wifi Calling

You made the mistake and gave them the imei of the phone with them identified it as a non Att device.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Scholar

Yeah. AT&T are major... you know whats when it comes to Wi-Fi calling on anything except Android phones purchased from them. Instead of implementing it the standard Android way so that unlocked phones can easily use it (like T-mobile dose) they have their own system. From what I've heard they have a whitelist of IMEI numbers (IMEI numbers of phones sold by them) and if a devices IMEI is not on that list they will not provision it for Wi-Fi calling. No exceptions. There is no reason for them to do this other than to give unlocked phones purchased else where a disadvantage. Same with VOLTE. If you bought a unlocked phone you can't use VOLTE on AT&T, but not a problem with T-mobile.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@sean8102 wrote:

Yeah. AT&T are major... you know whats when it comes to Wi-Fi calling on anything except Android phones purchased from them. Instead of implementing it the standard Android way so that unlocked phones can easily use it (like T-mobile dose) they have their own system. From what I've heard they have a whitelist of IMEI numbers (IMEI numbers of phones sold by them) and if a devices IMEI is not on that list they will not provision it for Wi-Fi calling. No exceptions. There is no reason for them to do this other than to give unlocked phones purchased else where a disadvantage. Same with VOLTE. If you bought a unlocked phone you can't use VOLTE on AT&T, but not a problem with T-mobile.

Again the pixel 3 and 3a get wifi calling just fine.  There are also others that can use VoLTE.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support