Get the myAT&T app
Tyler88's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 20th, 2015 3:38 PM

Unlimited data plan and mobile hotspot

I have been a customer with At&t for over 9 years now and been using the unlimited data plan for almost as long. I understand that mobile hotspot was never available on this plan and requires a different plan. When the unlimited plan was available, I can understand making people switch to a plan that enables hotspot and if not happy can switch back to the unlimited plan. But now that the unlimited data plan is no longer available and grandfathered in, At&t should not deny hotspot usage. It should be illegal for At&t to make you drop a grandfathered in plan just to get a featured that the phone offers. Why deny a loyal customer an important feature?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

The FCC backs up any carriers right to limit the use of unlimited data to the one device only.

Customers who have been caught tethering with their unlimited plans have had their plan terminated, which is written into the customer terms of service.

ATT does not "make" your change plans.  But the feature is not available for unlimited customers, so they have to choose.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

Unlimited data was always intended to be used by only one device and not shared. Use of a hotspot would allow several devices (depending on the phones ability) to share unlimited data.

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

AT&T changed my plan for my Netgear mobile hotspot… Which I Purchased from them… From unlimited to 15 GB for five dollars more than I was paying and didn’t tell me. My profile still says unlimited but I just got a bill for $1400 for overages.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.