For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
GKoz77's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 2:57 PM

Unknown Caller ID on Incoming Calls

Ever since I upgraded to Android 4.4.4, I receive lots of "unknown" calls being displayed on my caller id. It even happens on inbound calls for contacts I have programmed on my device (Samsung Galaxy S5). I at least used to get the number displayed with an unknown name, now I just get unknown, no name, no number. I have upgraded to Android 5.0 and replaced my device, still have the same issue. To try to eliminate it being the device itself, I used a co-worker's SIM card in my device, and had NO caller id issues. So is it an issue with my SIM card or some other profile settings unique to me? Please help!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey there @GKoz77

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing caller ID issues! I’d be happy to help! Can you please send me a private message by Clicking Here and include the following information to check for any provisioning issues on your line?

• Full name
  • Email address
  • Cell number
  • Date issue started
  • Examples of affected numbers

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have been having the same problem since upgrading to 4.4.4. I just recently upgraded to 5.0 hoping for the problem to be addressed but still the same. My 3 sons have the identical phones (Galaxy S5) and there phones have the same issue after upgrading software. I spoke to customer support after my 4.4.4 update after an hour of trying diffenrt things the only final solution that I was given was factory restone on my phone. I DO NOT want to have to do this. Please help me fix this problem!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

@angelovozzaI would not recommend doing the factory reset. I have been having the same problem you are and finally did a factory reset and the problem was not resolved. I am convinced they are not looking at the problem or even acknowledging it, but simply telling each customer to do the same list of actions that do not work and make no sense.

If you look at your detailed usage records since the problem started you will probably find that all incoming calls are listed as coming from YOU, while prior to the problem starting they appropriatly come from the person who called you. It makes no sense that an issue with your device could be causing their internal database records to be wrong.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for your reply ckleck... Any words of advice? I use this phone for my business and it important for me to know who is calling when I get an incoming call.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I seemed to have found a temp fix. I had tier 2 remove the Enhanced 4G LTE services (voLTE) from my account and now all incoming calls display as they should. As a note, simply disabling this option on my device did not resolve the issue, I had to call in and have it deleted. Hope this helps!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.