Get the myAT&T app
MacDaddyOh's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 11th, 2013 7:58 PM

Share messages by forwarding them in emails

I know this is in the wrong forum, but for some reason, this is the only one that the system will let me choose.  I apologize, and hope I determine a way to bounce it to "features and services".

This page, http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB115686#fbid=ZZ7ILQWzMyR says that I can "Share messages by forwarding them in emails or picture/video messages (iPhone, BlackBerry Smartphone, and LTE Android only.)"

I cannot find the method one would use for forwarding a voicemail.

This is what I have done.  I have an iPhone 5, iOS 6, and when I press on the arrow for a voicemail, it will take me to a contact screen with these options: Send Message, FaceTime, Share Contact, Add to Favorites.  None of these allows me to forward a voicemail.  I can't find a feature that needs turned on in the phone app, and searching the web has revealed that it is possible to forward from "dialing into" voicemail (press 6), but that option is not available for me either.  I also read that the forwarding only works from ATT customer to ATT customer, which is what I am trying to do (forward a voicemail to my wife on the same ATT account).

I appreciate any help in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

106 Messages

11 years ago

@MacDaddyOh wrote:

I know this is in the wrong forum, but for some reason, this is the only one that the system will let me choose.  I apologize, and hope I determine a way to bounce it to "features and services".

This page, http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB115686#fbid=ZZ7ILQWzMyR says that I can "Share messages by forwarding them in emails or picture/video messages (iPhone, BlackBerry Smartphone, and LTE Android only.)"

I cannot find the method one would use for forwarding a voicemail.

This is what I have done.  I have an iPhone 5, iOS 6, and when I press on the arrow for a voicemail, it will take me to a contact screen with these options: Send Message, FaceTime, Share Contact, Add to Favorites.  None of these allows me to forward a voicemail.  I can't find a feature that needs turned on in the phone app, and searching the web has revealed that it is possible to forward from "dialing into" voicemail (press 6), but that option is not available for me either.  I also read that the forwarding only works from ATT customer to ATT customer, which is what I am trying to do (forward a voicemail to my wife on the same ATT account).

I appreciate any help in advance.

Hi MacDaddyOh,

Thank you for your post.  I have a link that might be helpful to you.  Thanks again for your post.

Managing your Voicemail Features and Services

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.