For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
dajaruss's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 6th, 2015 12:09 AM

Setting up FaceTime over Cellular

for some reason my FaceTime won't set up over the cellular, it only works when connected to wifi.. I have an unlimited data plan and a 4G device so I don't understand why I can't FaceTime over my data.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@dajaruss wrote:
for some reason my FaceTime won't set up over the cellular, it only works when connected to wifi.. I have an unlimited data plan and a 4G device so I don't understand why I can't FaceTime over my data.

Your unlimited data plan is probably the culprit.

AT&T originally did not allow facetime over cellular data, then it was added later, but not for unlimited customers.  Eventually, it was added for unlimited customers, but some unlimited accounts did require you to call AT&T tech support to get your account fixed for it to work.  My account was one which needed to be fixed, where my wifes worked fine automatically.  Just call AT&T tech support and explain to them what is wrong and they should be able to help you to get it resolved.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I had the same problem with my college student son.  Every month he would be absorbing 90% of our family data.  On the Usage area, ATT does not break down the usage by line like you have with phone calls and texts.   I went to Settings > Cellular > go to bottom at System Services >   We noticed that the Personal Hotspot took up 90% of this overage of usage, and my son never uses it.  It does not make any sense.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@natickgator Someone is attaching a computer/tablet/phone/TV streaming device to the hotspot. 

For hotspot to work, you need to pair a device with it or give someone your hotspot password.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.