For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
1953velma's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 4th, 2015 3:29 AM

SIM card is unusable because I entered too many PUK codes

Is there anything that I can do to correct it

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

Not anymore. The sim will have to be replaced. It is permanently locked.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

If you enter the wrong PUK code too many times, you will have to get a new SIM card, as your current SIM has been permanently locked. Call 611 on your phone or visit an AT&T store to get a new SIM card.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Guys, i will blocked my gophone but, not permanently, i have to call some number or 61, but i cant, my sim is locked, so i cant call right now, Wht can i do?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I haven't set up my current email on this tablet. So I forgot security answers. Can't access att because I forgot password and can't recover cause I can't get txt or email. My phone ask me to contact att to get a 4 didget puk no to unlock my phone.  I am using my tablet and home wifi. I am stuck. My phone no. On att prepaid acct is 501-230-7587.  I have tried every code I thought it was. Please help

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Use a free VOIP service, to call AT&T, such as Google Voice.

Once you get all your passwords sorted, and everything unlocked, WRITE IT ALL DOWN, and put it in a safe place, that you'll remember.

If you don't have physical security, you don't have any security, it's a bit of a misnomer to think that writing down passwords is a bad thing (I've gotten all kinds of security clearances for projects, so I have some solid experience in this area).

What IS a bad idea is to store your passwords WITH the *portable* devices, since you may lose them at the same time, together.

On the other hand, storing your PC password with it, say taped to it, isn't a bad idea, if it's non-portable.  If somoone can access our PC, they can get ALL the data from it, so hiding your password isn't useful, unless you've encrypted the drive...

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Ok gonna try thx 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

ok there is a store near me and what i am hearing is that i am gonna need a new sims card so my question is i didnt nor do i ever put codes on my phone for this reason here and idontknow how this happened but am i gonna have to pay for  a new sims card

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.