Get the myAT&T app
sjeffco's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 18th, 2015 8:26 PM

Number sync keeps disabling

my gear S2 keeps dropping the number sync after 5 minutes "number sync will be disabled. The service is currently unavailable."  Why is it doing this?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there! @sjeffco thanks for posting your concerns. I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with Number Sync.

So I can further assist you, please private message me by clicking here and provide your name and a good contact number.

We will contact you within two business days, between the hours of 11:00 am to 7:00 pm CST

Thanks!

Darren

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This keeps happening to me too since the first day numbersync was made available...

I have talked to at&t for assistance and even if you are lucky enought to find an at&t rep who even knows what numbersync is, no one there seems to know what is going on!

Today there was a software update for the Gear S2 which claims to have been to resolve some issues with numbersync issues,  but it just happened again: 

Error message: 

"NumberSync will be disabled. The service is currently unavailable"

Battery performance is also horrible when NumberSync does stay active, Gear S2 battery drains extremely fast!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Having the same issue too with My Gear S2.  this is getting frustrating 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Went to a retail AT&T store and was told although the S2 is stating service is unavailable, AT&T system will show Numbersync active when you are away from your phone. However, when you get in proximity to phone you will have to power down (reboot) the S2 to reactivate Numbersync on the S2. 

No one knows if this is a problem with the AT&T system, Samsung Gear Manager, or both. The AT&T rep. contacted as high as a Tier 4 tech support. Problem still isn't fixed. Hopefully, AT&T will push a fix/update to the current S2 software.

AT&T SHOULD HAVE NEVER RELEASED NUMBERSYNC WITHOUT FULLY VETTING THE FUNCTIONALITY WITH THE SAMSUNG DEVICE. IN ITS CURRENT STATE NUMBRSYC IS GARBAGE. WISH I HAD THE OPTION OF GETTING RIDOF NUMBERSYNC AND STILL MAINTAIN THE USE OF BOTH DEVICES. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I keep getting notices on my s2 saying numbersync will be disabled b/c service is unavailable. What's going on at&t?

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

Gear S2 only stays sync'd for a while. Then..

Error message: 

"NumberSync will be disabled. The service is currently unavailable"

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Number sync requires HDvoice if you hit a coverage area without the s2 will give that message.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

The 2 devices were side by side...

Maybe you misinterpretted the problem?

I get text msg from ATT "You've turned off NumberSync for wearables. Calls and messages are no longer synced with your wearable." even though I did not turn-off.

When I go to my profile on the myAT&T app is shows the switch in the "off" position.  Sometimes it will stay "on" for a min and sometimes for a few hours.  Either way it is not reliable.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Same issue here, and the AT&T stores are oblivious. Selling and taking peoples, money for a feature that does not work, and no apologies at all. Just....well that sucks! Ya think? I was with Sprint for years, we are trying AT&T, is there customer service anywhere? AT&T, please figure out what is the issue with number sync and fix it. In the meantime, refund every customers Number Sync charges to our bills! Actually that is theft, to charge and take money for a feature you know doesn't work....and you cannot seem to fix. Month after Month

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

8 years ago

I too have the same issue.  AT&T support finally "removed" numbersync from my phone, and I use the call forwarding features.  They work, but it's not what I signed up for.

I was told to wait for an update. STILL WAITING for both the update and for AT&T to accept some responsibility or as least give an explanation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.